Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi so Ziyah is almost 10 months.
She is 23 inches tall and 34 kilos.
The vet says she is in top condition. So my question is will she catch up or will she be a small rottweiler? Just wondering whether I should be worried.
Dog Plant Carnivore Dog breed Grass

Both her parents are breed standard.

·
Super Moderator
1,850 Posts
75 lbs for a 10 month old is a very good weight . Rottweilers are not supposed to be a giant breed. The standard weight for a well bred Rottweiler is: males-50-60 kgs and females 35-46 kgs Your pup will still grow and fill out till about 2-3 years of age...depending on her lines and pedigree.
She's looking very nice. Once she is finished growing...watch her weight. Rottweilers are very prone to get fat....and easy keepers. Meaning they need very little food to maintain their weight once grown. It's better for their joints and ligaments to be lean.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi thanks for the reply.
I guess I'm just worrying for nothing. I was told to keep her on her large breed puppy food until she is about 18 months old. So I will continue to do that.

·
Super Moderator
1,850 Posts
She can be eating a high quality adult large breed food now. There is really not much difference in nutrition between them. Some breeders I know wean their puppies onto Adult Large Breed food.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts