Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
New here and looking forward to learning a bunch. We just picked up our first Rottweiler. She’s 8 weeks and her name is Wimberly. We currently have a 2 year old English Mastiff named Reese’s (because she’s brindle and love peanut butter)
Dog Carnivore Companion dog Dog breed Working animal

·
Super Moderator
1,933 Posts
Welcome to the forums!! What a cute puppy. Nothing cuter or sweeter looking than a Rottweiler pup. Reese is a beautiful girl. Please do some reading on same sex aggression with Rottweilers. 2 females may not get along once Wimberley is grown up. Just be prepared!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forums!! What a cute puppy. Nothing cuter or sweeter looking than a Rottweiler pup. Reese is a beautiful girl. Please do some reading on same sex aggression with Rottweilers. 2 females may not get along once Wimberley is grown up. Just be prepared!!
Thanks. I have read some stuff on it. I already got her scheduled for her board and train in a couple of weeks. We did the same with Reeses so hopefully getting the training in early will set her on the right path.

·
Super Moderator
1,933 Posts
Training does not stop same sex aggression. Training may be able to help to stop aggression when you see posturing and growling. Learning to read body language and to stop them when you hear play and roughhousing getting out of control. It often starts when the second female is sexually mature age...at about 18 months of age or so.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Training does not stop same sex aggression. Training may be able to help to stop aggression when you see posturing and growling. Learning to read body language and to stop them when you hear play and roughhousing getting out of control. It often starts when the second female is sexually mature age...at about 18 months of age or so.
Yep but the foundation goes back to training. Solid foundation can help me stop it right before a fight breaks out. I may not be able to stop it but I’ll have a plan in place if it comes. 25 years military, I always plan for the worst and hope for the best. 😂

1 - 5 of 5 Posts