Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to you all

I am new and My name is Beth and hubby is Gary. We have a 7month old male Rotty..."Toby". We live in Porter County and I look forward to meeting you all.

Thanks,
Beth

PS..is there a way to find out where they are female rottys looking for breeding??

·
Registered
387 Posts
Welcome to the board. We all learn from each other and stuff we read we rely it back here for others to learn.

If yuo are wanting to breed I would have to say 1st he is to young. Second you need to have test done before you breed. Hips, eyes, heart, thyriod, ect.. trust me when I say the people of the female will raise cane with you because yuor dog threw bad marks. Look hard into his background and show him. Is he AKC or CKC? I'm not telling you not to breed I'm just telling you what needs to be done 1st. What the owner of a breed female will ask for.

Shell Blu,Dallas, Sammy, Lil' kitty, Kain

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Hi and welcome buckbeth ...

Dilly's right your pup is way to young to breed and some of the test that need to be done can't be done until they are at least 2 yrs of age ....but you have come to the right site to find out all the info you need about your Rott ! Just ask away someone here will have a answer for you ! Glad to have you aboard !!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info..I dont want to breed him now..just wanted info on how to find the females!! Thanks again to you all..im glad to be a part of this!!

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Hi, welcome aboard ! Hope you try out chat some time, we like chatting

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
If you show in Obed,Conf,and do some health testing then the females will come to you.Is he AKC registered?

If you are just looking to bred to anything with four legs that looks like a Rottweiler then put an add up at the local pet store.You'll get all kinds of weirdos knocking at your dog with rockpillers they want to breed.

Donna

·
Registered
387 Posts
You can start small steps now, getting into Showing or obed even aglity. This will help later on. Learn his pedigree will help too. I want to start showing Blu but I have to wait to see if his back end will catch up the the front. He is our 18 month old male. Sense he is AKC you should beable to get a good bit of pedigree. I did on Blu. The Ch's in his line are back a few year but we hope to make that up with him. If not his son, still have a while with him he is only 12 days old.

Shell

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.