Rottweilers Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Just adopted 2 weeks ago, Is somebody here could verify whether he is a Pure Bred Rott???

Tks/ Benn
If this is a full grown dog, I gotta agree with Skye that it looks like it's got some lab or similar mix in him. Only saying this based on the narrower body, narrower head, and longer muzzle. But I too am no expert by any means. I wish there was a definite way to tell a purebred from a mix. I'll have no way of knowing how pure my own pup is until he gets older.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He was about 6.5 months now, per-previous owner information during my adoption. The owner told he was Pure Bred, however I'm not too sure about.......if someone expert here can tell n verify about....Tks!

Anyway, he was lovely and aggression currently. He was heavy eater's as almost consumed about 5 cups dog foods + 6 cups cooked rice a day......and yet seems to be enough for him. No idea if I should increases the amount of foods for him during this age of him currently....???

·
Registered
440 Posts
Looks like a rottweiler to me. I have a female from a shelter, she was listed as a rottweiler and it doesn't matter to me either way really. Just enjoy your pup!!

·
Registered
186 Posts
I adopted a female Rottie many years ago and I always wondered if she had Dobie in her. The Vet said, more likely than not mixed and she was full bred, just a poorly bred one. She was also spayed very young so I'm sure her growth and filling out properly was effected by that. Regardless of what she looked like, she was very loved and enjoyed our training together which built a bond that was so very strong and wonderful for us both.

Regardless of what he is or looks like, I am certain he's in a home where he will be loved no matter what.

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Shaida, It's good to see you. How are you dogs doing?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Boxer....yes, that's the cute named for him...by my son. Thanks!

The last inserted photo's for Boxer near the gate was taken by my son.

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Boxer looks really good and it is a very cute name your son picked.

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Boxer is as cute as can be. He sure looks like a full rottie to me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah....these photos are all taken by my son n posted by him....Yes, boxer...he was really cute n he bring lots of joys to my son.

Boxer knowing now should abt 6.5 months old (info's given by the previous owner)........I just wonder how much would him growth further to his size....I'm really expecting on his body macho size be gorgeous looks!!!

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
If Boxer is only 6 and a half months old like the previous owner said he will mature to be a big boy in my opinion.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts