Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Creasey is 6 1/2 months old and will chew up everything and anything she gets her paws on. We've tried pretty much every toy at Petsmart and end up throwing them away withing an hour it seems. Any suggestions? She has zero attention span and doesn't even bother with the toys that you can put treats in and they're suppose to chase. She loves anything cloth, but she eats it. It's very cold here, so outside running around is limited.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
If you have old bones put peanut butter in them,That should keep her busy for a bit.

If you have a butcher,frozen pig tails are great,and when running around playing in the house.I found my dogs like to play with empty soda bottles.When they see I am almost done drinking a sode they get excited.It bounces around and keeps them busy for a while(watch the cap I had heard of a dog swallowing one)

Donna

·
Registered
223 Posts
Does she like to tug? You could get a rope and play that with her, that way you know exactly how much damage is done to the toy, and when to stop her from playing with it.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
I'm with Donna on this one get a bigbone and put peanut butter in it ....they love it and it takes awhile for them to lick it out .

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She's too smart for her own good. We've done the pb thing for about a month. The second that she can't reach the peanut butter (she's good at it so that's about 2 1/2 minutes), she's done and getting into trouble. We did the empty water bottle thing. I even put ice cubes in it (she loves those) and she plays a little longer, but after a few minutes she figures out a way to chew the plastic apart then she eats it!!! She's brutal. As I type I'm acutally on the phone with a trainer trying to set up a home session. I know that she is still a pup (almost 7 months old), butshe's extremely mischevious!!! She loves to tug, but she gets very aggressive and always wants the end that's in our hand (we have the cuts to prove that). She's not biting us, just trying to get the rope/towel. I don't know...I guess I'm asking for too much. Ya know...a puppy that could entertain itself for about 5 minutes without getting into trouble would be nice
. Thanks for the advice guys.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Mel, I know it's winter and all but are you walking her ? or maybe going out in the yard to play for a bit ? sounds like she needs somehard play time out side to tire her out . I know that has always helped me with the mischievousness with my pups .

·
Registered
96 Posts
Mel how did it go with the trainer? Like Kitty said, matbe she just needs tired out, another thought .... take her to a ball field to play ball (they are fenced in & lots of room to run)and play her till she drops

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We used to walk her every day...then winter hit (us probably harder than her, you know how lazy you get when it's cold outside!) We just started her walks again. When she comes back...she runs in and steals the pillows!!!! I called the trainer and spoke to her for just a minute. She has not called back yet so I'm going to call her tomorrow. Thanks for the great advice. I'll keep you posted. It will all get easier in the Spring. Our fence is coming as soon as they can dig

1 - 9 of 9 Posts