Rottweilers Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My idiot landlord called today, gave me two options, get rid of the dogs or get out, they knew I had the one when I moved in, and never complaineduntil now about the other, which we've had for 4 months now. I need help finding homes, because we cannot afford to move. Does anyone know of any rescues? The local shelters are not taking in any animals(which I never considered), but they won't assist in rehoming. Please, any suggestions would be great. We are getting an ad in the paper, but that guarantees us nothing.

·
Registered
253 Posts
That is awful!!!! I dont see why landlords care as long as you are paying the rent and they arent ripping the place apart!!! Is there no way he will change his mind?? I cant help you in the rehoming side, Im a bit too far away! SORRY!

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Do you have a lease ? Does it state in there about animals ? I don't think he can throw you out because you have animals if it's not in the lease . What state do you live in ? Donna might be able to help you in placing them if worse comes to worse . Good luck ....I hope you can work it out ...

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Just a thought but maybe you can work something out with your landlord. If your dogs are not tearing up the place maybe he is having problems with his home owners insurance or something. There may be a way of keeping your dogs if you have a real sit down talk and find out exactly why he wants them gone. If it is a fear of them doing damage , maybe you can give him a little extra security rent for a " just in case ". If it is a home owners insurance problem, maybe buying some " dog bite " insurance of your own may help.

Sorry to hear your news but maybe he has his back against a wall too. If you do need to get them homes, maybe someone here can help. You need to tell us where you are and we will help you !

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
She is in Ohio.I will ask around and see if anyone has any room for one more.I know so many are fostering the dogs from down south right now,but I will ask around for you.

Donna

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes I am in Ohio, I do not have a lease, I rent on a month to month basis, they knew about Zeus when I moved in, and they also know that he will go NOWHERE, I have way too much tied up in him to let them bully me around. But as for the other two, I carry my own insurance on the property which includes the dogs, Zeus has his own separate insurance due to breed, the kids are really upset, because the other 2 belong to (1) my boyfriend's son, and (1) my daughter. I think it is more my landlord's wife than my landlord, she has become a real problem lately, calling us frequently to complain, we are going to start looking to move, but if we cannot do it soon, we have to find homes.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Good luck ! I hope you find a place in the near future that will except the dogs. It is hard to let them go.

·
Registered
914 Posts
I just moved across the country and I had to stay in a motel with my two Rotts until we found a place that would let us have our dogs! There was no way in hell I was giving up my babies and everyone knew it! So, Good Luck with whatever you end up having to do! Hopefully you can come to some sort of an agreement, but if not then maybe you can find a better place than the one your in now! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi there!!

Where in Ohio are you ?? I've got a brother in Findlay , Ohio (45 miles south of Toledo)who has been looking into adopting a rottweiler. He's got 3 kids so the dog would have a lot of love and I am sure he'd let your kids visit whenever they wanted. Just give me a hollar if things come down to this and I'll give a call to my brother.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Like I said, my Zeus goes no where. I have over 2000 dollars invested in him including purchase and training, this does not included any vet bills, food or toys, the other two are not Rotties, one is a chocolate lab and the other is a sheltie/english bull dog X (she kinda looks like a mini bull mastiff with her features).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.