Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are at the beginning of our first real snow tonight...she is buggin' out!!! She won't go to the bathroom because she's too busy eating the snow. One problem...she's trying to get out of her collar and is actually jumping and biting me and flinging her body around. I tried a shorter leash and she just bites it. She's 5 1/2 months old and very strong and ridiculously stubborn.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Their first snow fall is always the best.

Is she flinging around while you are trying to walk her or when you are out side going potty?

If she starts pulling and flinging then just stop and stand there till she stops.Don't say anything untils she stops.Then tell her good girl and continue.It will take a bit ,but she should figure out that if she keeps moving like that you don't.

Donna

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Donna's right about that !! Don't let her boss you at a young age ..... Aww yes the first snow they can be silly , mine use their nose's like a plow in the snow
and try to bite the snow flakes .....

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, she does it during potty breaks and only at certain places on our walks. She even does this at the same spots on their walks. I think the corner where she freaks out is haunted!!! Thanks for the advice. I usually try to calm her and now I'll just wait quietly. Thanks guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts