Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi we are joining your group! My Elsa is now over 11, her daughter Hannah is 6. These are the last of our breedings. We have had Rotties since 1989. Did the show thing, did some breeding...now only rescue and transport!

Hope I can contribute some good to these forums.

PS...also have English Bulldogs! And the Rotties love their playmates!!!

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Hi there. Welcome aboard
. I think you will like it here, very laid back.

Bless your Elsa, nice to see one that lived a nice long life.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Donna....yup this is marianne from Wisc!!!!! I'm new in here so I'll have to learn all the bells & whistles..heheheh

See you at some shows this year. Look for the old lady with the Bully

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
You will have to come to the Oshkosh Fun match.It will be march 18th for Obed and the 19th for conf.I'm guessing the Oshkosh fun match was where I saw you last,quite a few years ago.

I am putting it on so it better be good.

I put some of your Rottweilers on pawvillage.If you have pictures you want on there let me know.also if you have Elsa pedigree I could add more.Glad to have you here.

Donna

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Hi rottnbull , and Welcome to the group !

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hi rottnbull,,,Im also from Wisconsin,,,Sheboygan,,,I ve known Donna for quite a while . We had to have our 9 1/2 year old male rott, Thor put to sleep las Feb, I talked to a few people about where to get another and couldnt find any around here so a lady named Becky in Plymouth suggested we try wi rott rescue, i called Joan up and set up an appt. and we ended up coming home with a 1 1/2 year old female named Zena, shes turned into the best dog we ever had. My next dog will be from wi rott rescue .I just wanted to say thanks for doing the rescue,,,,without people like you, dogs like our Zena would never find good homes

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all for the nice welcome!

Archer, THANK YOU for giving your girl the forever home she deserves!

I don't know if this is allowed but........of you'd like to see some of my homedogs and rescues

www.picturetrail.com/rottnbul

marianne

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Thanks for the link.I got kind of teary when I went thru the pictures of Larry.He was such a nice and funny guy.

Glad to see Elsa is still here with you.

Donna

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
rottnbull, awesomepicture gallery !! you sure have had your share of babies ! are the mastiffs your's also ? Did you just breed rotties ? My Kitty was from a breeder she's 6but sinceher Ihave rescued 3 and will do so in the future ....my twins Apollo and Rheaare 14 months old now and are my sweetest babies ever!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Colleen, it has been over 6 yrs since the last of the rotties were whelped here. I have the girls spayed. But my bully girls are intact. I have had one litter of English Bully's. Thank you for asking!

AND when my rottie girls go to the bridge.....I will have a "forever" home for a rottie rescue!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Welcome aboard!!! Glad to here there is yet another Rottie Lover out there!!!

I think its fantastic that you rescue, Im looking into the prospect myself (again)but wont be for a little while yet, Ive my hands full with a 2 year old little girl and my two 8 month old pups Tiny and Shy. Ive had Shy 3 months now, she came from a neglactive home, amazing what love and cuddles and proper carecan do.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Marianne, why did you quit breeding ? From what I have seen in your pics you had some beautiful pups ! I know it's alot of work , I have helped whelp quite a few litters in my day . Don't get me wrong I think it's awesome that you are rescuing now , which allot of us are doing . Just wondering ?

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Okay, after chatting with you I went back and looked at more pictures. I only looked at the Rottweiler pics the first time through, didn't want to look at something I shouldn't be looking at

Nice albums you have there !

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The albums are for all to see.....no secrets here!

The question for why I stopped breeding

This is hard to anwser,but honestly after what i saw what was happening to the bred I had to stop! If I could place all pups in show homes (impossible),the only choice was to breed for pets. AND SO MANY OTHERS WERE BREEDING FOR JUST PETS!

I love the Rottweiler.

When a dog breed comes the "dog" to have too many come into it for the money!Sad but true. My Bulldogs are now becoming one of the wanted breeds and the same is happening all over! I'm very a active with Bulldog rescue . Darn...this breed is also becoming BYB's out for the bucks.

Working with rescue's is hard! Emotions for the poor dogs. I blame the money hungury BYB's.

As I get more involved with this group I'll tell you stories of working with rescus...IT'S not a pretty picture. BUT when the right home comes along for the dog IT'S a BLESSING!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi Everyone!!!!! Love those rotten rotties...lol. My Roxy is my first rot -she has been a learning experience, one that I love & treasure. And yes spoiled rotten, hogs the bed, hides my shoes, "pouts when I scold her", punishes her self,ect. And "they" say dogs dont have personalities....Oh & lets not forget the great ROTTIE kisses...lol Id be lost with out her, a true joy. So great to see soooo many others that share my love.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
marianne , I totally understand about why you stopped . I will never buy another Rotty. I will only rescuenow . There are so many out there that need a good home . God bless you for working with rescues . I couldn't do it.... I would want to take them all home . It breaks my heart when I see animals on the T.V that are abandoned or just not taken care of they way they should be in a loving home .

1 - 19 of 19 Posts