Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Rottie family!!

We are not new to owning dogs, but new to having a rottweiler puppy.

I wanted to say Hi and thank you for this forum. I've been lurking and reading and we have gotten a lot of help over the past couple of weeks from the discussions here.

Please meet our Duda. Duda was born on September 13, 2021 and we picked him up on Oct 31 (Halloween) and he was 6 weeks and 6 days old. He just turned 12 weeks old on Monday.

He has the sweetest spirit and a big love for all humans so far. He even whines when someone walks past him and doesn't acknowledge his presence

PS - I cannot seem to be able to post pics here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A compilation of pics I have taken since we brought him home. I posted more in the picture gallery.

Attachments

·
Registered
547 Posts
He sounds like a sweetheart!

Around 7 weeks old is a bit early to come home, but our (mutt) eldest had his mom adopted out at around 6 weeks so I brought him home then and he did fine. A bit extra in terms of teaching behaviour dos and don'ts, but he turned out well.

·
Super Moderator
1,686 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Congratulations on acquiring your first Rottweiler puppy. Duda is a cutie. I suggest you get enrolled into Puppy K classes and keep taking some sort of classes with Duda for the next couple of years. This is a breed that can be strong minded, but , loves to learn. Classes are a great way to bond and for both of you to learn.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank youball for the replies. I am definitely getting him in a puppy class as soon as he has all his shots. I'm also looking into good canine citizenship certificate so I can take him to schools, hospitals and nursing homes in our area.

He has a really sweet heart and disposition, so I want to use it for some happy in the world.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts