Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took these pictures of hibiscus flowers when I drove over to visit my friend, Pat. I love photographing flowers and found these flowers extremely beautiful! This lady has these flowers all over her front yard and they are just gorgeous! If you've never seen a hibiscus, they are huge! About the size of a dinner plate!

Flower Plant Petal Terrestrial plant Pink
Flower Plant Petal Pink Terrestrial plant
Flower Plant Petal Hawaiian hibiscus Chinese hibiscus
Flower Plant Petal Hawaiian hibiscus Chinese hibiscus
Flower Plant Photograph Leaf Petal

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you rottiesrule! I didn't think these could grow here in Michigan, I guess I was wrong. I thought they would only grow in tropical climates. Maybe these are a different strain that is good for northern climates, I don't know.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Jan, OMG they are beautiful!

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Jan, I bought one a few years ago and it was so pretty. It died at the end of the summer. Beautiful pictures.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Here is one of the Hibiscus bloom's that we had open this morning....she's a young plant...so we enjoy the few blooms that we get.... The camera is just one of the little automatic ones...so the quality is somewhat lacking....

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow, Ken, that Hibiscus is fantastic! It looks like it is a double. I wish I had a green thumb, but unfortunately everything I touch, dies!

·
Registered
395 Posts
I took these pictures of hibiscus flowers when I drove over to visit my friend, Pat. I love photographing flowers and found these flowers extremely beautiful! This lady has these flowers all over her front yard and they are just gorgeous! If you've never seen a hibiscus, they are huge! About the size of a dinner plate!

View attachment 1978 View attachment 1979 View attachment 1980 View attachment 1981 View attachment 1982

Awesome photos,is that a macro lens?:)

Rottie1984:)

·
Registered
688 Posts
Thanks 1984....here are a few more...the red one I happened to get to late...so it was breaking down already...it's HUGE...almost 9" across. The double pink is just another bloom from the same plant. I have 5 more that I am waiting to "take"...and see how they shape up. For now here is a summary of what were producing at present.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts