Rottweilers Online Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took these pictures of hibiscus flowers when I drove over to visit my friend, Pat. I love photographing flowers and found these flowers extremely beautiful! This lady has these flowers all over her front yard and they are just gorgeous! If you've never seen a hibiscus, they are huge! About the size of a dinner plate!

DSC_0014.jpg DSC_0029.jpg DSC_0057.jpg DSC_0082.jpg DSC_0071.jpg

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you rottiesrule! I didn't think these could grow here in Michigan, I guess I was wrong. I thought they would only grow in tropical climates. Maybe these are a different strain that is good for northern climates, I don't know.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Jan, OMG they are beautiful!

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Jan, I bought one a few years ago and it was so pretty. It died at the end of the summer. Beautiful pictures.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Here is one of the Hibiscus bloom's that we had open this morning....she's a young plant...so we enjoy the few blooms that we get.... The camera is just one of the little automatic ones...so the quality is somewhat lacking....

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, Ken, that Hibiscus is fantastic! It looks like it is a double. I wish I had a green thumb, but unfortunately everything I touch, dies!

·
Registered
395 Posts
I took these pictures of hibiscus flowers when I drove over to visit my friend, Pat. I love photographing flowers and found these flowers extremely beautiful! This lady has these flowers all over her front yard and they are just gorgeous! If you've never seen a hibiscus, they are huge! About the size of a dinner plate!

View attachment 1978 View attachment 1979 View attachment 1980 View attachment 1981 View attachment 1982

Awesome photos,is that a macro lens?:)

Rottie1984:)

·
Registered
688 Posts
Thanks 1984....here are a few more...the red one I happened to get to late...so it was breaking down already...it's HUGE...almost 9" across. The double pink is just another bloom from the same plant. I have 5 more that I am waiting to "take"...and see how they shape up. For now here is a summary of what were producing at present.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts