Rottweilers Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i no rottweilers are athletic dogs but my dog has a hard time getn up it must be a hip problem ,is anybody familiar with this. help apprecitaed

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Need more how old is your dog?

If the dog is having problems then a visit to the vet would be best.That we you are not guessing,you will know.

Donna

·
Registered
656 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">

Definitely take your dog into the vet. A common hip problem with rotts is hip dysplasia, and arthritis, but it could be anything.There are also neurological disorders that can cause this. A professional opinion is best. Good Luck! Keep us updated on how he is doing.</BLOCKQUOTE>

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you very much,

when i run with her at night about a mile she gets more tired then me i dont know why

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
You should not be working a puppy that hard.They are growing yet.If you want to run with her wait till after she is two.Also give her 500mg of vitamn C twice a day.It will help with sore muscles.

Donna

·
Registered
914 Posts
Listen to Donna she knows what she's talking about!

·
Registered
656 Posts

Donna, Are you talking about regular over the counter vitamin C people use? How would you get them to take it? I know it has a bitter taste.</BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Mine eat everything so I just throw it in their dish.You can crush it up and pour it on their food.

But yes it is regular vitamn C.It is great for growing puppys.

Donna

·
Registered
656 Posts

Donna's right. A rottweilers size can be very deceptive. He may look hardy because of his size but he's not mature yet, and shouldn't do anything that can stress his legs or hips before he is 2. They grow so quickly and their size really taxes their muscles. Once they are mature that is when you start having them run with you. But break him into it gradually. His muscles have to get built up, then look out! He'll be running circles around you.
</BLOCKQUOTE>

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks alot,maybe i over said it she gets up like shes just a litlle soar its not a big problem but i wasnt sure, i thought she would be more active and always wanting to play but i gess she isnt matured yet,thanks for your time guys

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.