Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I left for a three day show at 1;00 in the morning on Fri.Got to the show site on Friday about 10:00.What a ride.It was dark one of the roads had a detour I hit a raccoon,almost hit a deer.I wanted to just turn around.

It was hot.I offered to help set up the show site and ring steward as well.

I showed Moose and he took best male (he is now a CH for real for the third time )
I showed a friend APBT Lovey in the CH class and won that class too,and Bobber was best of breed puppy.

The only Rottweiler I showed was Elwood and he took BOB and a Group 1 on Fri.

Sat show 1.Bobber was best of breed puppy and Elwood took breed and a Group 2.He was being a big dork and it was quite the show.Stephanie showed him and it was funny.She said she will never show him again.

In show 2 Moose took the CH class,Bobber was best of breed puppy and Elwood just took the CH class,

One Sunday Moose took the CH class,Elwood took best of breed and a Group 1 again(he picked up more top ten points this weekend too.

Bobber was best of Breed puppy and she went on and took best puppy in show.This is her second on and of course this time I did not handle her (again).I must be holding her back.

It was a fun show ,but hot.I got to pick the brains of quite a few APBT owner and breeders about their dogs and breeding practices.We camped at the show site and I had the best neibors,they fed me !!! How great is that !!!!

Glad to be home,but I have to leave the car packed as we are going to another one next weekend.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Congratulations to you and your dogs..
.. sounds like you had a nice time and got a lot accomplished..it can be rough doing all the shows but it is fun too. I miss alot of it and the people. Good for you..know you are proud..

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Congrats Donna and crew !

We should have a seperate forum for what we go through to get to a show

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And how many days it took you to pack everything and what you forgot to take that you really needed.

It is fun tho and I get to meet lots of great people.

We had an AKC show here a few weeks ago,it was 30 min away,we did not go but pack up everyone and drive 466 miles to a show.

Silly dog show people

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Yep... crazy we are

We drove 20 hours last month to South Carolina with a leaking transmission and four Rottweilers in back of a Ford Explorer. Who's gonna stop and pick us up ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts