Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a horrible weekend!!!!!

Tiny was taken to the vets on Thursday after spending most of the morning being sick all over the house. She was diagnosed with gastroenteritus so was given anti sickness jabs and tablets. Friday she wouldnt eat, had terriblerunny poo problemsand I was amazed that the tan around her mouth looked almost blue! She was lathargic and slept most of the day but I just thought the injection was wearing off. At 10.30 on Friday night she passeda severe amount of blood and as it is snowing here it looked like something from a horror film and she was rushed into the vets again. Luckily it turns out she has burst a small blood vessel in her tooshie and will be fine but I never want to have another weekend like that again!

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Wow, tough weekend. Glad you took her right in, blood in their stool is nothing to mess around with. Hope the little lady starts feeling better soon.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Oh Nadine, You poor thing. How is Tiny now? Did the bleeding stop? Did the vet say that the gastroenteritis and the blood vessel were seperate things going on? Is Tiney home?

Keep us updated how she is doing

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Oh my Tiny , I would say you did have a horrible weekend ! How is your baby doing now ? I hope better ! I hate when my pups are sick and can't tell you whats wrong ....thats when I wish they could talk !!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tiny is fine now, she had poo problems that led to her straining when trying to do the toilet so she had burst a small blood vessel in her bum which caused all the blood. After her check up at the vet and her injections it stopped and the vomiting never returned, she is looking much more herself today although still isnt eating properly but we can work on that. All in all a very traumatic time but just glad she is home and well, honestly thought she was dying! And your right it would be great if they could tell us what is wrong!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No it only stopped snowing yesterday, its past my knees in the back garden!!! The girls are loving it!!!! Should be cleared up by next week

1 - 9 of 9 Posts