Rottweilers Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Duke doesn't go to the door to go out, he goes to the bathroom door and scratches it...lol
he wants to be just like his daddy...lol

·
Registered
927 Posts
Thor will take hold of my hand and nibble. Queen stares at me until eye contact is made than barks. Dani gives Queen a nudge until Queen makes eye contact and barks. Percy just wiggles and squirms.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Nino goes to the door, then back to me, then back to the door. Sadie swats the heck out of the bell hanging on the knob.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
I used bells on my doors before I put in my dogie door......But Kitty, at times will still go to the front door. I guess she was so used to going out that way she still wants to every once in a while. I have to laugh and say Kitty, we have a dogie door now and have to take her to it! I really think she just wants to be nebbie .....what kills me is we live on a dead end road......LOL

·
Registered
360 Posts
I have a bell ringer. She thought I was her butler (every five minutes), so I took it off. Mostly the crew stands in the kitchen and whines now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Oriah will just lay by the back door and then when I come into the room she will sit up and paw at it. If I don't let her out right then, she just lays back down and waits for me lol.

·
Registered
494 Posts
well I still have to ask....."Kodi need to potty?" then he says yes by going to the door. the funniest thing is he is 16 weeks old
and when he go's out to potty he has figured out how to open the door from the outside and let himself back in he stands up against the door then pulls the handle down and pushes the door open lol I have another smarty on my hands!
does he look smart? I call the bump on his head his smart bump:)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Yes, Kodi truly is adorable. His little smart bump sure is cute :)
He has those big beautiful dignified paws and that eternal expression of wisdom that I have noticed rotties just seem to be born with.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I have a bell ringer. She thought I was her butler (every five minutes), so I took it off. Mostly the crew stands in the kitchen and whines now.
What a cute photo on your avatar of the crew. They are so sweet. There can't be a boring moment in life with such sweet darlings. Makes me wish I had more ... :)

·
Registered
688 Posts
CoCo sits at the back door..and looks at us with that pout "face".
When we started training...we were going to hang a bell there...but decided against it...and we worked on "sit" instead....so now she goes to the door...and politely sit's to let us know...after all she is a lady. Sometimes she will paw at the vertical blinds though....and in the beginning...sometimes she would go to the front door. They are so smart...she's like "I can smell outside there...so why not sit here?" We got it straightened out though.
Regarding the expressions...I watched a great vid on youtube about Corgi's...and we should have one for Rottie expressions.
Here is the link to the Corgi's...(ours is the same way). YouTube - How to Talk Like a Corgi

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
JJ stands in front of me and stares. But he does that when he wants to 'sit' on my lap too. (And he is staring right now!)

·
Registered
494 Posts
at 8 months mine no longer ask to go out they have mastered standing on their hind legs and pulling the door handle.
the door opens they go out but they never close the door behind themselves I do lol then when they are done they stand on their hind legs
open the door and come back in, I then close the door again...if I want them to stay in or out I have to deadbolt the door.
if you want to use the bathroom by yourself you better lock the door. my Husband gave them ice cubes from the dispencer
on the front of the fridge they leaned if they push it the ice will come falling out so now I lock the dispencer or I will
have ice cubes all over my kitchen floor.. they are nothing but trouble but I love them:)

·
Registered
688 Posts
at 8 months mine no longer ask to go out they have mastered standing on their hind legs and pulling the door handle.
the door opens they go out but they never close the door behind themselves I do lol then when they are done they stand on their hind legs
open the door and come back in, I then close the door again...if I want them to stay in or out I have to deadbolt the door.
if you want to use the bathroom by yourself you better lock the door. my Husband gave them ice cubes from the dispencer
on the front of the fridge they leaned if they push it the ice will come falling out so now I lock the dispencer or I will
have ice cubes all over my kitchen floor.. they are nothing but trouble but I love them:)
Ha Ha Ha... love that last line....because that had been my alias on all the forums in times past... nothing but trouble = Nothnbutrouble = NBT
That description above about your dog's hitting the Ice...reminds me of Dakota...he was too smart for his own good....that's a special dog you have there.... not all of them put it together like that. The one we have right now is "different" for sure. She has her strong points...just need to figure out where were going with them.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Kodi figured out the doors by accident then Kayla started copying him. he learns by watching us do things
so we better watch what we do in front of him:)
we had some tree limbs come down in the yard so we cut them all up and stacked it where it fell.
I figured I would bring them up to the deck and burn them in the chiminea when I got around to it but now
I dont have to Kodi has brought every piece of wood in the pile up over the last few days so I have been stacking
them up behind the chiminea:) now if I could just get him to vaccumm and do laundry:)
I had a Lab once that loved going for rides but everywhere I stopped he would crawl over to the drivers
seat and lay on the horn the 1st time he did it I was in a convenieance store I heard the horn blowing and could see
the truck and there was Rocky laying on the horn people in the store were looking at him and cracking up. he would also roll down
the power windows and lock and unlock the doors its a good thing they put child proof locks/windows on cars.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Roxie jumps through the doggie door and goes PP outside...
She learned how to do this by watching Lonnie (my lab/chow).
Sometimes she forgets...but shes only 3 months old and shit happens..lol..
Good thing we have tile floors and its a quick cleanup ..and Roxie is always apologetic about the mistake...lots of puppy kisses and cute behavior is her way of saying...Im sorry.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Kevin has taught himself to use the doggie door. (Mainly by chasing his newly adopted "Uncles" out of it)

But when he's in the crate it's more like:

"HELP! I'm being murdered....the house is on fire....danger Will Robinson.....Timmy fell down the well....oh the humanity....for the love of god, I have to go pee!....let me out of this box this minute, you bastard!" at about a billion decibels.

Ironically he says the same thing when he just wants to get out and play with the "Big Guys"

(He's special) :p

·
Registered
485 Posts
This is an old thread and I've never seen it. Thanks for resurrecting it. I really enjoyed reading the posts here.

Bella scratches the door no matter what she wants. So we have to pay attention to what she does after the scratch to see what it is. To go out she scratches the door and stands their waiting to lead you to the back door. If we are at the dinner table (right by the back door) she just stands at the door and gives us that look that says "Well, arent you going to get up from the table and let me out?"

I wanted to buy a doggie door at one point so the dogs could go out when they wanted to but one large enough for Rottweilers was like $800.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts