Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">

My puppy Apollo is ten weeks old. I am feeding him Nutro Natural Choice dry dog food (large breed puppy formula) He seems to have a bottomless pit for a stomach. He is eating four cups a day right now, and still is always sniffing around like he could eat more but I don't want to overfeed him and have him get fat-but he makes me feel like I'm starving him the way he's always sniffing and begging. How much should he be eating right now? He seems to be growing very quickly, and is going to be on the higher end of the breed standard I think for size. I cant understand how he can eat so much but he doesnt look fat! He does get alot of exercise playing with the kids-Could that be why he eats so much? Someone told me her adult dog only gets 2 cups of food a day, and someone else told me puppies are supposed to eat more when their little. I have another question- I have read about people feeding their dogs cottage cheese and other dairy products, and recommend others do the same, but I have also read dogs are lactose intolerant and shouldn't have dairy products. Which is right? </BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
If you look on the links for the barf diet you will see cottage cheese and yogart can be fed to dogs.It would be something you would add on top of their food.

Do not over feed the little guy.Those fat round bellies lookcute but are not healthy.You could break his meals up into three meals a day if you are not already.

Donna

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">

How much should he be eating right now? Does it matter what kind of yogurt? I really don't think Apollo would care
but I want to make sure I am feeding him right. Can anyone tell me whats with eating all the grass? Every chance he gets he's pulling up grass and eating it. It doesn't seem to make him sick either. Anything with leaves is fair game to him, I have to watch him really closely. </BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Some Rottweilers are grazers.

Beulah use to eat grass all the time and she never got sick.

and plain yogart is the best,just a couple scoops on the food a few times a week.

Donna

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
My Kitty helps me weed when I'm outside doing the weeding she is to funny ....she goes real fast like it's a race or something ..... but sometimes she pulls more then just weeds and makes her Mommy mad ...
then I say bad words like grisknfiosdfnsdk

·
Registered
387 Posts
Dallas is a grazer, and both are diggers. Blu dug up the green beans, then layed on them. Silly dog. Dallas pickes at her food when I feed her, and Blus is gone before I get back in the house good. He would eat 24/7 if I let him. But 2 times a day is all he gets.

I said plenty when the green beans got dug up. My hubby just laughed at us.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.