Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 13 week old female. I think we are underfeeding her. She is getting 1 cup of dry dog food 3-4 times a day. She is only 19 pounds and bites a lot!! I don't mean teething biting either. Could this be why? I just read the back of a Pedigree package and it says she should be eating 2 3/4 cups right now!! Is that right and how many times a day???? Please Help!!!!

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
At 13 weeks I think you should be feeding her 3 times a day then cut down to twice after awhile .... Donna is the one who can tell you the real deal on that ....but nowI feed mine twice aday..... 2 and half cups.... but I put extra goodies in it ... like chicken , cottage cheese , cheese ,hotdogs ,rice ...just to add some yum yums .....
and at night they also get canned food with their dry....I also feed canidea which has no corn in it ...read the back of your dog food ...I think pedigree has corn which is bad for dogs ... all dogs bite at that age you need to stop it now by saying NO bite ! all my dogs at one time thought their name was no bite
think of it this way we have hands to feel everything they use their mouths ...and she is teething !!! Donna is the one who can tell you more on this she is our guru on any subject !!! good luck and we need some pics of that baby !!!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sorry...I needed to be more clear with my question. I also needed to know if the 2 3/4 cups is all day (in other words take that amount and divide it among the meals) or is that 2 3/4 cups EACH time she eats? Sorry.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Pedigree is not a good food.

She should be eating about 2 cups twice a day.You should be feeding her a better quality food.and she would not have to eat as much.I post a link to different qualitys of food some where I will look for it and put it here.

http://www.mordanna.com/dogfood/index.php?page=list1

this is a list of ingredients.Have your bag of food near you when you read this.

Also NO bitting ever.

Donna

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We are in the process of switching her to Martin's K9 formula. She is at about 1/2 and 1/2 now. We don't allow any biting and react to every nibble. It's working very slowly...but no NEW open wounds
!!!! Thanks Donna and Everyone else! She now knows Sit, Down, Speak, and Off (when she's trying to get on the furniture and tables
). I wish I had the ability to put pics up. As soon as I can, I will.

By the way....any links on weight charts? I'm having difficulty finding more than one and I like to compare. One said 13 weeks - 31 lbs. True? If so, she's very small!!!

·
Registered
429 Posts
I think eukanuba is great. That's what I'm feeding my puppy with, and I give him 1 cup three times a day. He's not fat or skinny, just a very handsome boy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts