Rottweilers Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You can see the picture of the dog if you go to the site and find the listing under Dogs to Adopt - Rottweiler - California
******************************************************************************************************
Urgent: This animal could be euthanized if not adopted soon.

Rescue Me ID: 16-10-08-00176Spot (male)

Rottweiler Age: Adult

Personality: Average Energy
Health: Malnourished, Abused/Neglected

Spot has been abandoned by his owners who recently moved. They have left him outside in a small fenced area (where he has lived most of his life without exercise or attention) and has no food, though he does have water. He looks relatively healthy despite the neglect. I have taken him food which he is happy to receive, but otherwise barks at me (but not aggressively and hasn't growled), so I haven't yet had the chance to gain his trust and assess his temperament. The owners had a second dog, so he could potentially get along ok with other dogs, though I never saw the two dogs in the same pen. The owner has plans to return and shoot the animal, so I am trying to find a rescue!

Animal Location:

Shasta County Platina, CA MAP IT!

Jodi Berg
I cannot take another unsocialized Rottie... Fiona would be freaky enough with a new dog and if there was a fight it could be devastating. Does anyone know anyone that could help? I don't live in the area, in fact I live probably about 5-6 hours away.... but if needed I would try to provide transportation. The situation bothers me and I would like to help and do something.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: I heard from Jodi and she found someone good (not involved in dog fighting - which was her main concern) who was willing to take the Rottie, Spot. The owner evidently didn't have his heart set on shooting the dog and was willing to help him get loaded for transport and hopefully Spot will have a good home. Yay!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The adoption fell through - this dog still needs a home. If you know someone who can take him please notify Jodi through RescueMe.org His listing is still up. I asked her if there was a problem since the listing is still up and she said the plans with the interested party fell through so she is still looking for someone to take him. She said Rotts of Friends in Davis might take him, but she is still looking. If anyone knows someone who could take him please spread the word!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts