Rottweilers Online Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
maybe good, maybe not. I was thinking that maybe once a month someone could come to the site from some place and have a live Q & A CHAT NITE . Maybe you could have a Vet come in or someone from a dog food company or any business for that matter. People interested could come on and read along in chat as the questions are being asked and answered. It may get crazy with a lot of people trying to ask questions at the same time but I figured if you know who will be here, You can start a thread and people could submit questions in advance and oneperson could ask them all.

EXAMPLE - Maybe you could have someone stop in from oh say Canidae or Wellness to discuss their dog food. Or maybe have a Vet stop in and answer dog related questions. Or maybe have a dog show person come in and answer dog show related questions. You could probably do it with a lot of different topics.

Just a little something to think about for the future

·
Registered
709 Posts
thats a great idea 2 bad, i like the idea of having people represent thier product its good info even vets that specialize in rotties ....

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
2bad, I think it's a good idea too ........but where do we find such people is the question ?

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
2bad, that's a great idea. I just see two problems:

1) Finding people who would be willing to donate their time for a Q&A.

2) The current chat box probably wouldn't be able to handle everyone online at once. But, I can easily put up another chat for a Q&A.

I really think this could work, and would be interesting. I'll look into it.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well. The way I look at it is if a comany wants to sell dog food they should be happy to come and let everyone know what they have to offer. FOR FREE ! Same for most any product, medication, etc. Big companies hold seminars all the time and I don't think that doing it online is any different. There has to be a Vet out there somewhere willing to donate one stinkin hour of time I would think ... maybe not

·
Banned
1,135 Posts
Jess

for awhile rottn rotty had a place you submitted questions

and then an expert answered them and e-mailed you your answer

It was there i dint see it tonight when i looked

but it might be more easier then a live chat

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I still like the idea of a chat Q&A box separate from the normal one. I like the idea of being able to ask an expert a question in a public setting, that way everyone can see and benefit from it.

Just a thought...

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I'm working on getting another chat seperate than the one on the side. I have one ready toinstall and test, butI might not be able to get to it until next week.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I think It's a great idea. I could devote perhaps an a hour a week and would be willing to address training and solcialization issues.

I can also speak to my vet and see if she might be willing to address basic Rottweiler health issues. I'm sure she would want to place some guidlines on the questions - we wouldn't want people to try to use free vet advice when they should be seeking one on one vet care.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I thought I might add one thing about this, whomever we get to come, we should always be respectful. I ran across this once (another board)where we had an excellent speaker who was an expert come only to be harassed by people that thought they knew better.

IMHO, this is what keeps people from volunteering their time. Afterall, why do it if people are going give you a bad time.

We have time to talk about etiquett..

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
You're right -subject topics sould be clearly outlined and adhered to. There's a limit to what you can explain on line.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Its a good Idea from jolee a vet, to make your dog and cat house in near about to your room. send to your pets
maximum sweets and vitamin which play a vital roll in the best health of our pets,.
there are many information about dog health.

buy dog treats recipes

1 - 14 of 14 Posts