Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My pup is 18 weeks on Monday. At the moment she seems to be totally out of sorts and not herself, she's eating and drinking but not nearly as much as she normally would and wev'e noticed when she yawns or biyes on a toy it seems to cause discomfort. Now I pit it down to teething, but can it be relatively normal for a pup to behave out of sorts and be off her food when teething? Can it come in stages?

Any advice is good advice.

·
Super Moderator
1,811 Posts
Sometimes teething does cause them to feel out of sorts and go off their food for a short time. What do you feed her? If you feed her kibble, try adding a bit of water and spoonful of yogurt or canned dog food. See if that gets her appetite going and maybe the kibble will soften up a bit with some warm water. If she does not improve....then take her to the vet. There could be something else that is wrong with her.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sometimes teething does cause them to feel out of sorts and go off their food for a short time. What do you feed her? If you feed her kibble, try adding a bit of water and spoonful of yogurt or canned dog food. See if that gets her appetite going and maybe the kibble will soften up a bit with some warm water. If she does not improve....then take her to the vet. There could be something else that is wrong with her.
Hi, thanks for the comeback! We have her on a diet of part kibble part wet mixed anyway, i've tried adding the water but not the yoghurt! How much could she safely eat of that? Although, not 10 mins after wtiting the post I took her outside and she opened the bay doors and dropped all unwanted cargo, she definately perked up after that in a big way🤣🤣. Although she's still off her food a bit, i'm not nearly as concerned as I was.... Phew. But woul like to know more about the yoghurt. Thanks again though.

·
Super Moderator
1,811 Posts
Just a tablespoon or so daily on her food of natural plain yogurt, or Greek yogurt. It's good for their digestion....with the natural bacteria it contains.
Glad to hear your pup is feeling better. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts