Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I kept seeing how Kuranda beds were indestructible! We got two, one for our bedroom, one for the second bedroom where Agis stays when we're not at home. As between Agis and Xerxes they've destroyed all the conventional dog beds, even those that are supposed to be tough.

I left Neb and Agis in the second bedroom while I took Xerxes for his annual Tuesday (usually Neb is in our bedroom with Xerxes). Come home, let them out, didn't give anything a second look. The next morning Toby was in there getting his bike to go to work when he called out, 'Come here and look at this'.

Well, guess what's not indestructible. At least it's under warranty (we'd had it a month) and they're replacing one bottom corner and giving us aluminum top corners for all four corners. We'd gotten the PVC because we thought that would resist chewing. Anyways, they got back to us quickly, great customer service.

He's still pooping, no vomiting - we're keeping an eye, vet agreed, and one of our vets is a friend who saw the pic on Instagram. They checked in today, but he's still doing well.

·
Super Moderator
1,480 Posts
Oh...that's too bad. He probably had "itchy teeth"??? hahahaha! and just needed something to chew. I've never had bed chewers in my own dogs...all have been really good about not chewing or destroying. The boarding dogs, is a different story. Some come with their own beds...and chew on them ( I suspect from stress), some are fine with a dog bed I provide...and the day before they have to go home...decide they need to destroy their bed.:( I have found that a fleece blanket works pretty good for bed chewers...soft enough to give comfort...and easily washed...but usually left alone.

Let us know how the replacement corners work for Agis.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts