Rottweilers Online Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hunting down a chew-proof indestructible dog bed happens to be incredibly difficult but definitely not impossible. A torn cover, or expanding gaps in it is the result too many dog owners face rather frequently.

Whether it is with a Rottweiler or a Pomeranian, if a dog bites, burrows, or scratches to such a degree, to the point that their bed has is now damaged, an indestructible bed is all together the solution. Fortunately, this is a simple buy to make via looking at the reviews accessible on Breeding Business, the dog breeding reference.

Dog beds are normally devastated by a dog's teeth and nails. Larger breeds have bigger teeth and nails and their jaws can easily chew through any mattress. Smaller and even tinier dog breeds may also bring devastation to their bedding.

It is conceivable, nonetheless, to find an indestructible dog bed that can resist proudly the elements as well as a decent dose of rough use.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Huh.....advertising hidden in a post. Not new...and I don't think its allowed...but whatever.

That said, I don't need your fancy website to tell folks about an indestructible bed that is guaranteed by the manufacturer - check out Primo Pads - worth every single penny I spent on them!

Reactions: Sheera'smom

·
Registered
490 Posts
I bought Bella a MyPillow Dog Bed and she loves it. She hasn't clawed her way through it yet so it may fall under the indestructible category.

I love that it is completely washable, even the insides (provided you have a big enough washing machine to stuff it into. ;) We've been through a lot of dog beds over the years and that funky smell in the un-washable stuffing is what leads me to toss them out. That and the flimsy backing on most of them that falls apart the first time you wash the cover.

I'm tried to attach a picture of her on it. For some reason I can't view the attached pictures today and can't upload mine.

She also took over a body pillow I named Sasquatch because it is a big, hairy, hot beast!

Attachments

·
Registered
651 Posts
The best dog pillows I ever got were custom ones from someone on Ebay. I had them made with a set of 2 covers each. They had orthopedic foam inside with a plastic liner. They are getting pretty worn out now... and I can't find that person on Ebay any longer. Just recently I bought a somewhat cheap huge orthopedic pillow ($45.) from Wayfair that the dogs adore... there is competition on who is going to get it every night. However, it doesn't have a liner and the cover gets dirty easily and is hard to get on and off. I bought another one and some soft fabric and when the new bed arrives I'm going to take it to a seamstress to have her make a couple of new covers and a decent liner for both of them. Those are for beside our bed. The dogs also have denim covered dog pillows in our TV room that are more durable and the stuffing part is more resistant to water and anything else. I got those on Ebay but they are not big enough for Rocky. I'll upgrade those after I upgrade the bedroom ones. I will look into MyPillow... but the thing of it is I really like an extra cover to change so I don't have to wait to change it until after I've washed it. I don't see that they sell extra covers. That's really nice that you can wash the inside though... that is a bonus!

·
Registered
490 Posts
The MyPillow is 2 sided so there is not a front and back. I like that if one side gets a little dirty (remember we don't call her Stinkerbell for nothing ha ha) I can just flip it over and have a fresh bed. It is a beast to get into the washing machine though and I have a large capacity one. In the dryer it puffs up like a ball. I have to tamp the bed down some for her. So far so good. I got to thinking about how many vacuums I've tossed as well because of "dog funk." Great idea on the denim bed/pillows. That is a rugged material--has to be Rottweiler proof. Still can't see pictures today. :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts