Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my buddy OSOon Nutro large breed puppy. Would Innova beea better food to try out for him?

I have also herd to feed my puppy adult food instead of large breed or puppy food. Please fill me in........

·
Registered
328 Posts
My understanding is not to use large breed puppy. Having said that, I have used it, but only until they are about 6 months, then to adult. As far as Innova??? I don't know that it's all that great considering the price. This is just my opinion. I use Canidae and have found it to be good for me.

http://www.naturapet.com/display.php?d=comp-wiz Here's a comparison site you can compare ingredients. I believe if you click on the ingredient it will tell you what it is and good or bad.

Good luck

Barb

·
Registered
95 Posts
I notice there are alot of people on here that feed their dogs Canidae. I have personally never seen or heard of it but I am thinking about trying it now. I went on their website and there seems to be a few different formulas, which ones are you guys using?

·
Registered
328 Posts
I personally use all life stages. Some dogs cannot tolerate too many protiens, then you could use the chicken and rice formula. My understanding is come dogs do great on it and some do not. I got samples the first time I tried it, so I didn't have to spend a lot of money and them not like it. Ask about a frequent buyer plan too. A lot of dog food companies have that now.

Barb

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I feed my dogs Nutro large breed. My pup gets Nutro large breed puppy. People say the protien is too high at 29% and to try finding something down around 22 - 23% . My one female had large breed puppy when she was young and she does have some problems now with her rear legs. Not a hip problem at all, it is her ACLs. Don't know if it is related at all but it could be. My new puppy is getting large breed puppy and large breed adult mixed right now.

The one thing that I did noticeis that they have large breed puppy AND large breed puppy " controlled growth " formula. ( The controlled growth actually has a Rottweiler pup on the bag ) so I am using that. Hope this helps a little

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yup thats exactly what I have them on right now. The Large Breed Puppy controlled Growth Formula from Nutro. I think the Protein content on that one is quite a bit less then the other Large Breed

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Put them on Adult and save your self some money.It is most likley the same thing just different packageing.

All of my puppies are weaned onto puppy food,but are on Adult dog food by the time they are 8 weeks old.With a large breed of dog you don't want all that protien so adult is better.

Donna

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for all your input.

It's so amazing how sweet and loving these puppies are. I can justimagine when they are adults and have grown so attached and usedto you.&n bsp;&n bsp; I can't wait............. THANKS!

·
Registered
185 Posts
I feed Canidae as well and my dog thrives on it. The Wellness is great, too and so is the California Natural and Solid Gold. The only thing I would caution people about with the very high protein foods is that the introduction should be made SLOWLY........I gave Sam just a tiny handful of the Innova EVO and it gave her the runs.........

1 - 11 of 11 Posts