Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,480 Posts
Welcome! Tell us a bit about yourself. Do you have a Rottweiler? or plan on getting a Rottweiler? Dogs name and age,etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi! I'm will. I'm thinking about getting a rotty pup. I have always wanted a rottweiler. Such a beautiful dog. I was close to putting a deposit on one but thought I'd do more research as I live on my own apart from my 15yr old daughter coming to visit each week.
I must admit I'm confused by feedin. Raw? Dry or wet?
Obviously I want what is best for the pup but what do you recommend.?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi! I'm will. I'm thinking about getting a rotty pup. I have always wanted a rottweiler. Such a beautiful dog. I was close to putting a deposit on one but thought I'd do more research as I live on my own apart from my 15yr old daughter coming to visit each week.
I must admit I'm confused by feedin. Raw? Dry or wet?
Obviously I want what is best for the pup but what do you recommend.? The only dogs I've had are two border collies and a jack Russell if that's any help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, Thank you for welcoming me in the forum.
I don't have Rottweiler, but I am planning to own. But it's become challenging for me to choose from Rottweiler and Bernedoodle.
Firstly. I have decided to choose the Rottweiler, but one of my friend suggest me Bernedoodle. I have seen this breed, and find it very attractive a well. Please let me know your thoughts
about these two breeds.

·
Super Moderator
1,480 Posts
Hi, Thank you for welcoming me in the forum.
I don't have Rottweiler, but I am planning to own. But it's become challenging for me to choose from Rottweiler and Bernedoodle.
Firstly. I have decided to choose the Rottweiler, but one of my friend suggest me Bernedoodle. I have seen this breed, and find it very attractive a well. Please let me know your thoughts
about these two breeds.
Bernadoodles are not a breed....they are mixed breeds of dogs that are supposed to be Bernese Mountain Dog mixed with Poodle. Basically expensive mutts. Anyone producing these mixes is not doing it for the love of the breed, only to make money and fill their pockets. I would suspect that they are loaded with health problems...as Berners are short lived with cancer, and Poodles have many genetic health problems. Good breeders screen their breeding dogs for possible genetic problems and know their pedigrees inside and out. Greeders, just breed any old dogs and have no pedigree and do not bother screening for genetics.

Save your money....either adopt a mix from a shelter, or buy a well breed, pure bred Rottweiler from an ethical breeder.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts