Rottweilers Online Forums banner

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's...SUPER AGIS!

1K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Agis 
#1 ·
Agis's dog walker comes Wednesdays (I mean, I'm home, but eventually I'll be working at least some time in the office and want a bit of a routine he can rely on). This week is Halloween week (we're off backpacking this weekend) so she got a super hero costume for him!

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Working animal Grass

See less See more
#3 ·
Oh he looks wonderful! Very good that he keeps the costume on. My Baxter loved to dress up...he would keep on anything you put on him...and was a ham for the camera. None of my other dogs before, or since, would put up with any of that stuff...lol
Have a good time back packing! The bugs are gone now...that should make life more pleasant. :)

Reactions: Agis
#5 ·
Thanks guys!

BBD, I was impressed - he's funny about jackets - okay with the raincoat, but when I've tried winter jackets on him (Luc's old jackets; for winter camping) he gets dejected. But he's a very good boy.

Yes, no bugs is nice. Last I looked it's supposed to rain though. Ah well.

#7 ·
Oh that is cool!

He is supposed to be a GSD/Rottie mix, but (to me anyways) he doesn't look GSD at all, and at 48ish lbs, it seems unlikely that he's both Rottie and GSD at that size. He came from Northern Manitoba, and I am thinking based on the way he talks and howls he's got some Husky.

#10 ·
I think it's way too small. He'd be way smaller than standard for both breeds.

I love your profile pic of Norton!
Have you ever done a DNA test on Agis?? The new test kits are getting cheaper...and they are easy to do. My daughter has a rescue dog from northern B.C reserves....and he's a weird mix of Dob, **** hound, and some other mix...but no husky. He's about 90 lbs...black and tan...big long nose, big hound ears...LOL

#12 ·
We still haven't done the test. I am curious, but my husband is always like 'It's a waste of money'. He'd like to test ALL the dogs. Embark would add up, it's supposed to be good, but I'd probably go with a Canadian one. Can't decide which is the best with that parameter though.

#14 ·
Yeah we splurged on the Embark test lol. It was really awesome but there are lots of alternatives out there too. At least here in the states. My hubby wasn’t really for it either but the personality traits Norton was displaying helped convince him. We needed to figure where the attitude and stubbornness was coming from. Lol. Then we figured if we were going to do one we might as well get the health profile too.

#13 ·
You inspire me - I ordered tests for all the dogs from DNA My Dog I think it is - Canadian company. Xerxes and Nebbers regular tests, Agis is also testing for wolf (silly I know). Be kinda cool to see.

Everyone says Xerxes is a purebred beagle, but he's got a very tight narrow muzzle and is EXTREMELY thin - I swear that dog has single % body fat - unlike most beagles. His tuck is a beautiful thing to behold. So I would like to know if he has anything else.

Nebber's mom was supposedly a husky/beagle/lab, no idea about dad though. So that will be interesting too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.