Rottweilers Online Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Afternoon Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knows of any breeders in WI?? Personal experiences? I heard of a lady in La Crosse.......Have yet to really check her out though.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Good luck in your search. I don't know of anyone in that area. But, we have good information on selecting a breeder in our forums, so please check that out. Many people have purchased poorly bred dogs because they didn't know what to look for or what questions to ask.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am definitely not done doing my homework, I want a lovable sweet tempered lady who is highly intelligent, not over sized, and she should have a short snout, blocky head, and a smaller back end, oh, and I don't want her to be "long" either. I have lots of time to find the right connection with a breeder yet, after all we will need to becomefriends!

If anyone is willing to talk about their breeders and offer a website I am very open to that too!

I have to give this site a big hug, I am a member of another forum and ........

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Do you have any plans for your dog? Such as showing in conformation, or tracking, herding, obedience, rally? If you have any such plans, you want to tell the breeder about that. A good breeder usually selects the dog for you, based upon their experience and their familiarity with the pups in the litter.

My first rottie was from the SPCA. The dog I have now came from Frontier Rottweilers in New Hampshire. I don't think she has a litter planned in the near future. I was very, very lucky to get this dog. I wanted a male, and the litter he came from only had two males. (I didn't want a female because I didn't want to compare the new dog with the rottie I just lost, And i also wanted to learn about the differences between raising females and male.)

Diane - the breeder, has been wonderful. We talk at least weekly, if not more often. She has been a wonderful resource of information. Definitely the kind of breeder we all want to find.

Sorry about your experience on another web site, but glad you are satisfied with the responses you are getting here.

·
Registered
130 Posts
This is an old post but I felt compelled to reply.

I saw your intro post about looking for a puppy and/or getting a dog through a breed rescue. I am also in Wisconsin, and recently adopted a 1 year old male through Wisconsin Rottweiler Rescue in Madison. I couldn't be happier with Apollo... he's a phenomenal dog, despite the fact that I don't know his history or background.

Joan, the woman who runs the rescue, is an amazing person who knows a ton about Rottweilers. She will use your applications and emails/conversations with you to determine whether the breed is right for you and, if so, will select dogs for you that fit your lifestyle and what you are looking for in a dog. Don't be scared away from adult Rotties simply because you do not know their past... Joan does extensive temperament testing to make sure dogs with serious temperament flaws do not get adopted out.

Pics of the dog I got from rescue are here: [url]http://www.rottweilersonline.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6 058&PN=1[/url]

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am definitely not done doing my homework, I want a lovable sweet tempered lady who is highly intelligent, not over sized, and she should have a short snout, blocky head, and a smaller back end, oh, and I don't want her to be "long" either. I have lots of time to find the right connection with a breeder yet, after all we will need to becomefriends!

If anyone is willing to talk about their breeders and offer a website I am very open to that too!

I have to give this site a big hug, I am a member of another forum and ........
You have unreasonable demands. Look at all you expect from a dog. The mains points you should be considering are: exceptional breeding and temperament. The rest will follow

1 - 6 of 6 Posts