Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have talked about this as a family for as long as we have had Xari and I just never ask before. Why do thebreeders go by the alphabet to name the puppies? Xari was in a "G" litter so he had to be registered with kennel and G name. Is this just a rottweiler thing or do they not all do it. Sorry if this sounds dumb but like I said when I came on here I am here to learn and talk about these great dogs. Thanks

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
The Germans have been doing it this way for ever.I also do this.It is also easy to do pedigrees when they are done that way as aposed to themes.

I will be on my F litter not bad for being in the breed for over 16 years.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, that makes sence. I thought it may have to do with thegermanways. I bred Persian Cats for 20 years and we of course went by the themes.How great to have the rotties for 16 years. Wish I had done this years ago. Thanks a lot Donna, I can let all the family know now

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Some breeders do western themes,gambling ,songs,Tv shows.

I like it better when they use the A,B,C's since I am working on pedigrees all the time it is easyer to find siblings.

·
Banned
1,135 Posts
got it

you can proly tell i rescue huh

Never herd of letters or themes .......

Sampson picked his name

when we got him home i started calling him every name i could think of

when i said Sampson he turned and started twards me

so he has been Sampson ever since ......

hard to beleive i have him for 4 years now ..... still no grey on the snout ......

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was fun to do the themes on the cats and I really don't think that it is as in depth as the dogs. We would get a Sire from a cattery and his first name would be Sunburst and from there all the show cats would be some thing with the Sun in it. It was fun and I miss it in a lot of ways but am having fun now with my pup. So glad to know now why they do the lettering though and it would be easier to look up.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
LOL, I came from my mom's first litter , her " A " litter. She named me Andy

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am not about to tell you the letters my Mom named me from....it sure ain't lady like

·
Registered
264 Posts
I just keep the kennel name and what ever the pup "looks and acts like for names. A friend of mine uses her kennel name and all pups are from John Wayne movies.

This litter I have right now is...Rufus, Ruepert, Rowdy and Might Mo!

My rotties girls had 3 litters each......I didn't do the german thing.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
See, that is why I ask. I knew some did but I did not know if it was some thing they all did. My pup is the first one that I ever come in contact with as far as papers are concernedso I had no way of knowing.They put the kennel name in front of him and ask me to reg. him with a G name but I really did not know why it made a difference because he was to be fixed so it was not like he was going to be shown. Thanks for this though, it is the only way to learn and that is why I went on and asked.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
2bad , I guess my Mom did the A,B,C's too ...I'm from theC litter .....third child ....I guess with the name Colleen
but I'm with Sally I had a few other names that my Mom called me that we won't mention here

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
you bet I can relate. And the funny thing was those names never went away. And to think I took care of that little darling women the last 8 years she lived and she didthat livingright here in my house

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
P. S. I for got to mention how much I loved her and miss her and my names

1 - 14 of 14 Posts