Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, any tips on teaching my pup that humans aren't popsicles? It really hurts his tough guy image, and encourages bad behavior in the kids as they jerk their hands away when he goes to lick them, and that just excites him. He respects me enough that he never licks anything but my hands and then only a couple of times, but he licks the people he likes as if they're delicious
. I'd really like to break him of the habit altogether.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Camie, licking can be a sign of wanting to dominate . My Apollo will lickeveryone toexcess if you would let him .What I do is tell him to sit then in a low tone say NO lick . Then praise him when he stops .If I have company I tell the person who he is trying lick like a popsicle to take their hand and push him away and say to him No lick . It takes a bit of time and patience but he will get it . Some just want to be lickers
but he's young stop him now ....

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
If it works that easy Kitty I'm sending Daphney and Elwood to you to get them to stop licking.

Daphney is 5 and licks all the time,so does Elwood.They can not even pass their CGC's cause they keep licking the people doing the test

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
rutylr said:
If it works that easy Kitty I'm sending Daphney and Elwood to you to get them to stop licking.

Daphney is 5 and licks all the time,so does Elwood.They can not even pass their CGC's cause they keep licking the people doing the test

LOL

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
It worked with Kitty and Rhea ,,but Apollo is another story !!
It might take till the end of time for him ...but I still do what I said in the post .....

·
Registered
429 Posts
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="on">
<T>
<TR height="100%" UNABLE="on" width="100%">
<TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">
</TD></TR>
<TR UNABLE="on" hb_tag="1">
<TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="on">
<DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

·
Registered
328 Posts
Non rottie, but the queen of licking. Typical to the breed, they all lick, and there is no stopping them. PERIOD.

Barb

1 - 8 of 8 Posts