Rottweilers Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">

I saw a site on the internet that said there are long-haired rottweilers. Is this true? I thought rotts were supposed to have short hair.</BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
They are but things happen ,and long coats and white spots do happen.These of course should not be bred.

Donna

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I was wondering because on the standard I saw it said it was a fault but some guy was advertising them as rare.</BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
They are rare,but not in the get more money for them rare.It is not some thing you see alot.It's like Red and Albinos Rottweilers.

It is a fault and should not be bred.But people will do anything for money.

Donna

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I have seen sites for rare white rottweilers, but they never called them albino. Do these dogs have normal colored eyes like a standard rott, or are they lighter. Is there a difference between a white rott and a albino rott?</BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
I'm guessing the white Rottweiler has blue eyes like the white Doberman.

I have never seen a white or Albino Rottweiler,but I have heard of them.I think it would look really scarry.

Donna

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Yeesh, me too! Same for a white doberman-it just wouldnt look right. So are these animals temperaments the same as the standard for the breed or are they unstable? </BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
I did meet some white Dobermans once.They were friendly,but they have very bad skin problems and lots of health problems,They can not be out in the sun for too long.

Donna

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I figured there had to be some kind of throwback from them not meeting the standard.
Its a shame there are people out there who will try to make a profit off of these dogs. I heard the breeding standards are closely regulated in Germany, is this true? If so, do you see it happening here?</BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
I wish we had standards like they have in Germany.There would be alot less people breeding,but that will never happen here.We have the right to do what ever we want with what we own.It's a shame .

Donna

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I agree. I think people who are going to breed rotts or any other animal should have to pass certain criteria, and take some sort of courses to learn about properly breeding a animal.</BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Thanks Donna, I'll definitely check that out later
</BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Banned
1,135 Posts
ya just like people .... some
people shouldnt breed either .....

Hey Donna ,

I know we have gone
over this in the past BUT
.... when people say is that
a german rott ..... would
i be right in saying .....

REAL german rotts have tails
..... cause i know in
germany they have tails .....

so when someone is
bragging you know there
lying .... ALL rotts are
german BUT real rotts
from germany have tails right ??????

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Yes and no.

It started in Scandinavia(Denmark,Sweden,Finland and Norway) in 1987

In Germany all docking had to be stoped by 1/1/2001

France,Belgium,and Italyand a few other countries still dock,but if they follow the FCI standardthey have untill 1/1/2006 to stop docking.Austrailia has stoped docking also.

So yes anything born in Germany after1/2001 must have a tail(tho some people dock once the dog gets here),but just because a dog has a tail does not mean it's German(some breeders don't dock here to cut back on the cost of rearing a litter(cheep)).

Again(this is my thinking )if the dog is such a great German dogwhy is it not in Germany?They don't sell the good stuff.Since the Germans have much higher standards for breeding,if the dogs don't meet their standards they sell them to stupid people.We get all their junk and they laugh all the way to the bank.

There are a few people who improt good dogs,but the key word here is few.

Donna

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Good question Dan! I didnt know any of that stuff. Thanks for your answer Donna, you explained it like a pro
</BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Banned
1,135 Posts
yeah she's good .....

i was confused at first
with ...... " yes and no
" but i'm all better now

just funny everybody thinks they
know everything And thats so
anoying

to those of us who do .....

But if you got a rott
question ..... ya gotta ask
Donna ....

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
See yes and no.

And yes all Rottweilers are fromGermany.The dogs that are being shown and the ones the BYB are breeding.They all came from the same blood lines.Every Rottweiler on this planet came from the same place.

Rottweil,Germany

Donna

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Donna explained it perfection once again!
Keep it up with the yes and no answers Donna, I like to see the men being kept on their toes.
</BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
223 Posts
My sister's neighbor got a white dobie puppy a while ago. I haven't seen it yet, but my sister told me about it. I didn't think of the skin problems, and needing to stay out of the sun, Donna! We're in AZ, so hopefully he'll keep his boy inside and in the shade.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts