Rottweilers Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone its been a long time. I am still babysitting a little bit i have 1 more week left and them i'm out of a job. But i'm in the process of looking for one.

Duke is doing great, he did get rid of his cough right away after we got medicine for him and everything. Which i'm glad of because the dog that he got it from didn't make it, they had him on medicine when duke got the cough and then they took him to the vets again for the second time for more medicine and they gave him some more and the cough still didn't go away and they ended up taking the dog to the vet a third time and got even more medicine and that same day he died so i'm just glad that duke is better but i am very upset with the vets that took care of the other dog cause there was no reason for him to keep going back and getting more medicine they should have know what to give him and that it wasn't working but i guess we can just pray for Nickie now.

But other then that duke is at a steady 120 lbs and 28 inches at the sholders and still as playful as ever. I don't have a camera so i can't get any pics posted of him or else i would. But how is everyone else dog. I want to hear from you all and tell me how the dogs are doing and yourself also. I think i'm back for good now. I don't have the internet at home but i go to the library every morning almost and get one i've kinda been reading up on some posts and stuff. But i haven't got around to saying hi to everyone yet. I hope everyone is doing good and all doggies too. Well hope to hear from lots of you and i'll be back tomorrow.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Glad to see you back hon. Im really happy for you that things worked out well with Duke.
Sounds like he is doing great right now.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
I'm with Miss Scarlet glad to see your back and that Duke is doing well !!! Hope to see more of you on the forum , we missed you ! Sounds like Duke has recovered with no side affects and is a big boy ! the way he should be ! All is well here in Pa. with all 4 of my babies , the twins are growing by leaps and bounds they are 9 months now and bad
I take my Zeus to the vet today he's 8 he's my 1st rescue..... he has a hot spot on him poor babie he's miserable. I notice it Wedsday and could not get a appt. till today he has had this before and the vet will give him a shot and some pills . Its works almost immediately T/G so off to the vets we go .... but again glad your back and all is well !!!!

·
Registered
656 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">

Kitty what do you mean bya hot spot? I never heard of that.</BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
My Zeus has allergies and when he flair's up he gets a sore .....like right now !He usally getsit on his neck or shoulders ,it's call a hot spot . I just got back from the vets and he gave him a shot and two different kind of pills to take once a day for 60ty days . He is a different dog after the shot he eats and wants to play again , you just know he feels so much better right away ...and it lighted my pocket $70 buckaroos but he's worth every nickle
he gets it maybe twice a year T/G but now I have to take him back in two weeks cause he needs his shots but they can't give them to him at the same time so here we go again ...
bring out another couple nickles ....
Oh well if I couldn't afford them I wouldn't have 4 !!!

·
Registered
656 Posts

I hope your baby is feeling better soon Kitty. Do you know what he is allergic to? Sounds like he's in good hands
</BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
914 Posts
Yeah glad to see your back also and that everything is good for you and Duke! I know about those hot spots too Kitty my Bud gets them too and he has to get the shot also!

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
It could be anything Miss Scarlet , it would cost to much to find out ..... he only gets it acouple times a year so not testing here ! He feels so much better today it's unreal ! with the shot they heal up almost immediately .....my daughters cat has it to ! he cost me about the same amount last week

·
Registered
656 Posts

Kitty Im glad to know he's doing better
I know all about the expense of owning a dog, and their worth every cent. They give back so much more than we could possibly pay every day. When you own a rott and treat it right the rewards are endless
</BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
I feel the same way , thatunconditional love is awsome isn't it !!! I wouldn't own a dog if I couldn't afford them ....all my friends say they want to come back as one of my dogs ! Some people don't realize how much a dog can costthem over the years especially if they have something wrong like allergies ... Zeus is back to his old self again T/G ....I hate it when they are not feeling well if only they could tell us when they aren't !

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That sucks that they get those spots but its good that you can get it taken care of and its not for good or anything. Yes duke is getting big. Well he is big he looks the same to me i don't really see a difference in him he's same old Dukie. yeah everything is going good for me just got my Candle Kit for Partylite Candle Consultanting. Thats what i'm going to be doing. I'm going to try it out and see how it works and if i like it or now. I need to book 4 more shows by wednesday and i don't think i'm going to be able to do it but thats ok i'm still going to try. glad to see that everyone is doing good and the dogs are doing good. i love to see all the pics of the doggies i wish i could put mine up there but i can't so oh well you guys have to look at my posting pic cause thats the only one i got of him right now. Talk Later Ally & Mr. Duke

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Ally if you were closerIwould have a party for you ! I have them about twice a year. My party'stotal about $1,500 or so ...I love candles ...my hubby says he knows how he's going to die in a fire! ..... (the cause will be froma burning candle) ...

·
Registered
656 Posts

I love candles too! I have them all over the house, nothing compares to the soft glow of candlelight
</BLOCKQUOTE>

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.