Rottweilers Online Forums banner

looking for a puppy

640 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  supaflyz 
#1 ·
Hi guys, I have been lurking on here for a few years. I just graduated with my masters so I think I'm ready with time and financially to get a dog. My previous dog passed away about 4 years ago.

I have experience with bigger dogs such as Rottweiler and German Shepherd and an American Doberman. The doberman wsn't mine though and belongs to my aunt. He passed away in the 90s. I was considering a German Shepherd again but I want to try a new breed this time. Too much shedding. My cousins had Rottweilers in the past. They were pretty healthy and live to be about 11 years old. They were imported from Germany at the time. However, all of the rottweilers I see today comes from Eastern Europe with the pudgy face and pug face and bigger forehead? I rarely see the ones that my cousin use to have. I also consider a European Doberman due to size and minimal shedding. Is a rottweiler right for me?

Of course I will get pet insurance and obedience training. I'm not planning to take the dog to any shows or any IPO. Just a companion dog. My budget is about $3000 but maybe 2500 is better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.