Rottweilers Online Forums banner

Looking for breeder close to Ottawa Ontario

5K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Spur 
#1 ·
Hey there. I was just wondering if anyone knew a reputable breeder in Ontario or Quebec.

I've been looking into the rotweiller breed and doing my research and I've made the decision I would like to have a rotweiller as my companion. If anyone has any information or tips for breeders I'd love to hear!

Thank you!

#4 ·
Why is this in breed legislation? Yeah, I know its an old topic. But it pops up on searches and is still top page. So people still read it.

Don't be impressed by multi V ratings, youth Sieger titles, and even Championships. The reason nine times out of ten, all these earned as youths. Under a lot less competition. Note most don't tell you the show information. Like they can and do say multi V rated. Then you look it up and find that it the multi V's was one or two small Sieger shows. Some will say Sieger, and it will be puppy or youth. 99% of the breeders live off the glory of others. Either an owner of their dogs has some success. Or they buy the dogs with titles, etc. To get a championship its really a matter of $$$. They know the venues they'll likely place high in. As in some youth classes have very little in the way of entries. 99% of the greeders I mean breeders have done very little in venues. Some have done nothing outside of breeding some nice looking dogs. Note most breeders with their own dogs from their "breeding" programs. Only have the bare minimum to make them look good at first glance. If they have a more accomplished dog. They either bought it and its not related to their dogs they produced. If they did produce it, it was owned by someone else, or even co-owned. The breeders themselves do nothing in the breed, except sell puppies. Note most of the champions they own or produced, owned with others or pro handler handled.

You need to go to Sieger Shows. Not to see the dogs per say. Its around other breeders and Rottweiler people they can't lie about their "accomplishments" in venues, show and work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.