Rottweilers Online Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Far west Texas area looking to rehome 2 spayed female rottweilers. One at a time. Both registered with the World Wide Kennel Registering Offices. Siblings. Born 05/24/2012 This makes them approx. 4-4.5 yrs old. Danica is approx. 75lbs and Roxy is 85lbs. Up-to-date with shots. danica_1.jpg Danica roxy_1.jpg Roxy

We are re-homing these beautiful girls due to a drastic change in our life. My husband just turned 60 and we must move, downsize dramatically, and re-home our pets. Any questions, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Sandra

Attachments

·
Registered
651 Posts
They are beautiful girls. Have you tried listing them on rescueme.org? Great site. I got my current girl Rottie from that site. I'm sorry for your loss though, having to give them up... tough thing to deal with. Good luck finding good homes. It doesn't hurt asking for adoption fees to make sure you find homes that are suitably situated to be able to care for them financially and it's not just people looking for free dogs.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Have you spoken to your breeder? A good, reputable breeder will take any of their dogs back. I would also check with the local rottie rescues in your area or even if no rottie rescue can help you check the all breed rescues. Are they spayed? If not I would highly recommend they be spayed before you rehome.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are beautiful girls. Have you tried listing them on rescueme.org? Great site. I got my current girl Rottie from that site. I'm sorry for your loss though, having to give them up... tough thing to deal with. Good luck finding good homes. It doesn't hurt asking for adoption fees to make sure you find homes that are suitably situated to be able to care for them financially and it's not just people looking for free dogs.
Thank you. They are great girls. I will consider listing them there. I have a friend that use to be in the Rottweiler Rescue efforts, years ago. She is trying to help me as well. However, I have to also work on this because it has to happen. Finding them a new home. I will be very careful to whom they are adopted out to. Thanks again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you spoken to your breeder? A good, reputable breeder will take any of their dogs back. I would also check with the local rottie rescues in your area or even if no rottie rescue can help you check the all breed rescues. Are they spayed? If not I would highly recommend they be spayed before you rehome.
No. When we bought them (siblings) the breeder said she does not take back dogs. It was her policy and she stated it upfront. All of my pets are either neutered or spayed. Cats, dogs and a couple of gelded equine. I am not a breeder. Thank you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts