1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK ..... I know
some of you have many males
or have had more then one before

Does anyone have a male that will not lift his leg ?

My boy will squat
everytime until theres another dog
around and then he will
tip over if he is not
careful ....

I am just wondering if
this is cause ..... well lets
say someone neutered him before i
rescued him ...

He sits funny too
no problem puttin his seat belt on

</font>

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Dan , my Apollo still squats andhe has not been fixed......and he sees my Zeus lift his leg ! but he still don't get it yet !
I don't know if he ever will .....this is a question for Donna .......

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
If he doesn't lift all the better(at least you know he wont be marking in the house).He was neuterd young so he most likly will always squat.

Males lift their legs at different ages.Bentlywas lifting his at 12 weeks,Mavric is 17 months and still squats.It just depends on the dog.

Donna

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Just not ready to start lifting yet.When he is ready he will.

If he saw other boy dogs lifting or smelled where they marked he would start sooner,But don't push the leg lifting .It will happen.

Donna

·
Banned
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Law only requires a two inch lift .....

puppies do swquat .... but
Sampson is 3 y/o .... and squats
like a girl

Not a proud day for Daddy .....

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
All my males have lifted their legs but Apollo hasn't yet at 9 months ..... Zeus has never maked his territory here.... T/G and I hope Apollo doesn't either ...if he does he's in BIG trouble !!!! But I have noticed that Apollo is starting to challenge Zeus
, just by a few jestures and Zeus is not taking it well ! but he is a baby at heart , hey he backs down from Kitty always has.....I know she's a girl but he's twice her size and could not take her bull if he didn't want to......I'm glad I crate so that I don't have to worry about it when I'm not here....

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
If you want Zues to stay stay on top of Apollo,then help inforce his dominance.If you see Apollo evening standing tall in front of Zues make sure to tell him that is not acceptable.

Even when Zelda was 12 I made sure she was always the big girl(under me of course).If the other girls challenged her I threw them down and had Zelda give it to them.I never let her loose her spot.I set the order and that is where it stays.

Donna

·
Registered
914 Posts
Bud starting lifting his leg right around the time he turned 2! It's not really that big a deal(other than your male pride there, Dan) even if he never lifts it doesn't make him any less of a male!

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Donna , Ihave beenmaking Apollo stop when he does challenge Zeus . I don't want any conflick between them ....poor Zeus just looks at me likethese kids are driving me crazy
.... it's almost likehe's rolling his eyes about it
he such a sweet giant baby... and he let's the Queen Kitty mount him and does the same thing just looks at me with a look...... as if to say get her off of me would ya
he doesn't growl at her or nothing it blows my mind that he just stands there and takes it !!! I have to tell her to get off of Zeus ...tell me why does he take it ? is it becauseshe was here first ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.