Rottweilers Online Forums banner
81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
It could be the angle of the picture?? But he is looking a little "chunky" in this picture. Have you got a picture of him standing up from the side?? Rottweilers gain weight so easily and it's so important to keep this breed lean. They are so vulnerable to torn ACL's...because of the way they are built. You don't want to go through that.
Hey bbd, Thanks
Yes just the pic I think, he was tensed up ready to go and its the angle. I'll drop a pic later when back from work, but I've always been conscious of weight. I totally agree that large breeds need to be lean when growing especially. I'm probably the opposite of a 'feeder' much to the disgust of many (including my other half) I never feed scraps or even dog treats to my dogs, apart from a raw meaty bone once every few months. I only used treats with Ralph while training when younger but have used a toy the last 8months or so. It's how I've always been and have always fed my dogs 2 good quality meals once a day and that's kept their appetite good and their weight balanced. Also, especially with young kids I won't tolerate begging on begging for food, so this approach helps with that too. All to say I'm quite strict with food ha

Acl's are horrible, my Mastiff (rescue) had these amongst other things. As he was a rescue it could of been poor breeding, however I'm sure the kennels having him neutered at 9months old contributed to this. He always had his 1st 4/5 ribs showing as i was paranoid about him getting to heavy

·
Registered
165 Posts
He's a stocky boy. Not overly tall but towards the higher end of the ADRK standard at 26inches and weight is well within their standard for his age. But hope you can see that he is not overweight. Like I said I can getore once the missus is back. Two pairs of hands are better than one and all that

·
Registered
603 Posts
He looks good to me...but others of course know more. I had thought it was the angle of the first pic - I find my guys always look like chonksters sitting down but standing it's a whole other story.

·
Super Moderator
1,811 Posts
He looks good to me...but others of course know more. I had thought it was the angle of the first pic - I find my guys always look like chonksters sitting down but standing it's a whole other story.
Yes, I agree! He looks great in the other pictures. It must have been the angle of the picture? Small head and big body..lol

81 - 96 of 96 Posts