Rottweilers Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is our 8.5 week old baby boy named Vader. He's a stubborn lump and hard work so far but a welcome addition to the family.

Screenshot_20201216-225905.jpg

·
Super Moderator
1,347 Posts
Vader is very cute, and handsome. Love that sweet face. Pups are so much work...but what you put into them, you do get out in a well mannered, trained dog.

·
Super Moderator
1,347 Posts
Oh my!!! What a cutie!! He's probably going to start teething soon...his ears are getting wonky. Sometimes when they teeth...the calcium goes out of their ear cartilage and goes into making new teeth. He's such a cute pup...if you want his ears to flatten down as an adult...you need to tape them. Try massaging them and pulling them down so they lay flat...or look up 'taco method of taping ears'. Usually a week or two of taping them, makes them lay flat. As puppies those fly away ears are cute, but when they are adults it takes away from that beautiful head.

·
Super Moderator
1,347 Posts
LOL!! I have a "thing" about wonky ears. My fingers are just itching to tape them.... I think it comes from my background of being involved with fostering rescue Rottweilers. Many of the dogs I took care of came in with their wonky ears as adults....sadly most of the dogs were from BYB's and poorly bred. When I see a nice looking pup...with wonky ears...I so want to fix them so they don't look like BYB dogs as adults. All you need to do is either get a piece of duct tape and put one end at the bottom of one ear, under the chin, and tape the bottom of the other piece to the other ear. Usually a week or so, and their ears lay flat . Another method is 'ear taping tacos'...do a google search. My Baxter I never bothered taping when his ears started flying...and I regretted it, as did his breeder. Their heads look so much nicer with ears laying flat. My .2 cents...lol

Reactions: Camy

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just curious as Ralph's the same age and he (vader) looks great, but to be honest I havent weighed ralph in quite a while myself:LOL: will try this week

·
Registered
56 Posts
Couldn't get to the vet for a weigh in so I'm not 100% sure at the moment mate.
Just curious as Ralph's the same age and he (vader) looks great, but to be honest I havent weighed ralph in quite a while myself:LOL: will try this week

1 - 20 of 37 Posts