Rottweilers Online Forums banner

memphis, tn new law

4K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  eisterd 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Hmmm, stuff like that is just like other politics for me -- I'd rather just live in the mountains of Montana and bury my head in the dirt :( I know that's not right, and I sure don't have the answers myself, except that I'd like to take every jerk animal owner and kick the living S*%# out of them, and then by thousand acre ranch just to take in every single abandoned and unloved animal.

. . . . .Like I said, I'll just bury my head in the dirt (we don't have much sand here) LoL :)

#3 ·
Interesting that, according to the article, the law is being considered in an effort to deal with the stray dog population. Doesn't sound like it deals with stray dogs at all! Once again, responsible owners (who train their dogs and follow the law) will be the only people affected and people who don't train their dogs and allow them to run loose will continue to do so.

Maybe if the city spent the money that they will need to implement and enforce the new laws to enforce the laws that are already on the books - they could actually solve the stray dog problem.

Jenn - you might want to take you head out of the sand on this one. Across the United States, there are 72 breeds of dog included in bans. Your dog IS on the list an many cities across the country. If you are willing to ignore the problem, then you can't be surprised when it knocks on YOUR door and YOUR dog is euthanized for simply being a rottweiler.

#5 ·
Interesting that, according to the article, the law is being considered in an effort to deal with the stray dog population. Doesn't sound like it deals with stray dogs at all! Once again, responsible owners (who train their dogs and follow the law) will be the only people affected and people who don't train their dogs and allow them to run loose will continue to do so.
You are exactly right, and that's what really pisses me off about Government, but I really can't get started or I won't stop:mad:

Jenn - you might want to take you head out of the sand on this one. Across the United States, there are 72 breeds of dog included in bans. Your dog IS on the list an many cities across the country. If you are willing to ignore the problem, then you can't be surprised when it knocks on YOUR door and YOUR dog is euthanized for simply being a rottweiler.
I know, and you're totally right! I don't really have my head in the dirt, and do what I can to fight this, but lately I've been spending more time on working on a plan to get Chevy and I (hubby too of course) out of the horrible freak'n state (WA) that we live in because it's so liberally stupid that I know it's just one more thing that's coming.

I live in a pretty rural area (ok, it used to be. . . the city has been encroaching for years) I live in the foothills of the Cascade mountains, so things that affect cities here usually don't affect us as quickly.

Ok, I'm all fired up again to start a new campaign against BSL -- Grrrrrr :mad:

Thanks a lot Don :D LoL

#6 ·
Hmmm, I find that really odd -- Royal City (I'd never heard of it either, apparently I don't actually have family in that town) is in Eastern Washington. The 2 sides of our state really couldn't be MORE opposite. Citified and liberal on the West side, and country and conservative on the East side. Although I am, as is most of my family from North Eastern Washington. . .

I guess. . . . If it can happen there, it can happen anywhere. But then again, it depends on how many idiots (crappy dog owner) live in the town, as well as how many idiots (politicians) are on the city council of each town.

They tried to pass a BSL for Pit Bulls in a town that I border, and I have a friend on the council of that city, and she fought it big-time. . .

:eek: Sorry, I get a little wound on subjects like this. . . my bad

#7 ·
Sorry Jenn..lol

This whole thing is so similar to gun control. It's never the guns fault, it's the one with their finger on the trigger. It's the same with dogs, they wanna ban the dog cause the owner is an idiot.

#8 ·
Oh man, don't even get me started on that subject -- I'm a card carrying, gun owning member of the NRA, and have been since I was a kid! I have 2 signs in my front window 1 is a picture of a Rotties that says "I don't dial 911", and the other is a picture of a gun that say's "I don't dial 911".

The FBI came to my house once (don't ask) and were very frightened by both of my signs and the Rottweiler that 'bout near came through the front door at them (I wasn't home), they asked me to come see them :D Te he he

BTW, I'm sure I've seen one of two of my guns get and up and fire themselves - LoL

Sorry, there I go again. . .

#9 ·
You guys should look into that new plant in SC...LOL. I think you'd love it in Charelston. More sunshine than you could handle, no snow, low taxes. You can ride a motorcycle almost year round. Nice Beaches, and the water is in the 80's most of the summer...plus your relatives would have someplace warm to visit..lol

#10 ·
I hear ya on most of that, but I'm definately a northern girl. . . For one thing, I can't handle the humidity on the East coast, my hair frizzes like crazy - LoL

A gal that I work with actually did an item by item comparison because she and her hubby (both work @ Boeing) were seriously considering moving. Also, another girlfriend that works @ B had to go there for a 3 month assingment and loved it, almost moved there but the benefits package, etc. is terrible there compared to what we get here.

I guess I'm more of a mountain dweller. . . Love to visit places like that though -- the only place I've ever been in the South is Florida a couple times, and I surely could winter there or in the Bahama's, but not summer LoL

#11 ·
You'd be surprised how fast you get use to it. I was use to working in below 0, blowing snow up north, now I can't bear 32 degrees..lol. My inlaws moved from NY to FL last year and they are cold when they come here now.

As far as benefits, or lack of, that's true, most southern states are "right-to-work" states. Which is the main reason companies move south. The bad thing is, once they get a taste of paying less benefits, they tend to move more and more of the business there. The place I worked in NY is doing that. They built a place in PA, non-union, and have a totally different pay scale, they don't interact the 2 places at all !! It's kinda funny, back in the 50's and 60's people moved north for jobs and now it's going the other direction. Both my parents moved north, one for GM and the other for GE, and now they are both closed down up there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.