Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - Merlot joined our family about 2 months ago (time flies) and she has grown taller but doesn't seem to put on much weight. She came to me at 24lbs and is now 27lbs. Does that seem like enough weight? My last Rottie at this age was a good 40-50lbs so I am concerned. I feed her 1042 calories per day however I can still feel her ribs and see her hips.

·
Super Moderator
1,622 Posts
From seeing her picture posted in you other thread...I doubt very much that she is a purebred Rottweiler. She looks like she is mixed with something else. At 6 months of age she should be about 50 lbs. What food are you feeding? I would start feeding her more if her ribs and hips are sticking out. You can also add an egg, or some cooked meat, yogurt, pasta to her meals.

Has she been wormed regularly?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From seeing her picture posted in you other thread...I doubt very much that she is a purebred Rottweiler. She looks like she is mixed with something else. At 6 months of age she should be about 50 lbs. What food are you feeding? I would start feeding her more if her ribs and hips are sticking out. You can also add an egg, or some cooked meat, yogurt, pasta to her meals.

Has she been wormed regularly?
Yes the vet has wormed her and she is eating turkey, beef, sweet potato, blueberries, chicken, rice, green beans - no kibble, all fresh food and offer biscuit treats throughout the day. The Wisdom Panel came back with 100% Rottweiler for the past 3 generations.

·
Super Moderator
1,622 Posts
Try feeding her kibble...she needs to be eating a balanced diet if you want her to grow properly. You only have one chance to grow them out as a puppy...she may be lacking in calcium, phosphorus , zinc, and other vitamins. Get her on a good meat based kibble and add some extras if you want....but a good kibble has all of what she needs right now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts