Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK ..... Heres the question ....

It is adopt a sheltered DOG month .....

they are requireing a $ 5.00 micro chip fee .....

My question is .... Do
they have a chip that works
like a lo jack ?

the chips they put in
are IF the dog is lost
they can find who the owner
is ....

BUT do they have a chip
for if your dog is stolen ?? can
they find him ??

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
No they do not have a chip to find your dog,just chips to let people know who the dog belongs to if found.

Donna

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
$5.00 is cheap ! to put a chip in my dogs is well over a $100.00 each !

·
Registered
253 Posts
Rescues and shelters over here do it free of charge. many dogs found straying are dogs or puppies that have resently been rehomed and have escaped, so technically it saves them rehoming a lost dog that doesnt need rehoming, just returned home!!!!! I have Tinymicro chipped, it was £35, Shy gets hers done next week. Question - have you EVER seen a needle as big as the micro chip needle!!!!!! I cant watch them getting it done, I can feel their pain!!!

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
I have all mine done the day I take them in to have their hips x-rayed.

The needle is huge,but I have found the the boys cry more then the girls.Kind of reminds me of some men I know.

I would be nice if the chip came with on star tho.That way we could always find them if they got lost.

Donna

·
Registered
914 Posts
Hahahaha yeah boys cry more I agree!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Has anyone every had a puppy get a scare from micro chipping? I micro chipped 3 years ago and found that Zoey one of the dogs I kept out of the litter has a ugly scare and raised overgrown skin on the injection site was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.Also 2 of the other pups that were micro chipped had same thing.

Thanks

Bobbi

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.