Rottweilers Online Forums banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is anyone familiar with either Ballardhaus Rottweilers or Vom Bullenfeld Rottweilers? Thanks in advance.
I purchased a Rotti about 5 and half years ago and she is amazing! She is a gorgeous girl. Great temperament and no health issues. I searched long and hard for my dogs and I was extremely happy with Ballardhaus. I used to raise Rotties and I definitely recommend them on my experience.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just thought I would comment since I was mentioned in this forum. I had a few people send me messages about this.

SOMEONE must not have read everything on my site in the fullest. I have a 2 year hip and health guarantee, BUT it states in my contract which is online that you need to xray at 12 months and again at 2 yrs. If there is any question at that point on hips then you an additional 3 months to re-xray if lets say it was bad set up or something like that. I have OFA documents for all my dogs. Most were also done in Europe as well before ever shipped to me. Since I also do not trust all European scores I re-xray here in the states. I am also one of very few that guarantee a passing OFA and guarantee a correct bite for my show dogs.

As for puppy price. Never EVER have a sold a PET for $2500. My average pets are $1300 & $1500. Sometimes if I have a lot of money invested in a certain litter with the parents showing titles then I will charge $1800. Price is based on the individual breedings. NOT just a whatever price. This is about being able to recoup my showing costs and the money I make goes back into the breed. The little money I make on my pups pays for our bills associated with the dogs. For instance, last month my electric bill to keep my basement warm for my dogs was $844. I have proof of that if someone doesnt believe me. The puppy money paid that bill. I also buy all my fur-kids bones, treats, balls, and toys. They are not caged animals thrown out to be breeders. They are my children. I had one female up for sale that I couldnt find a GOOD home for because every one who wanted her ONLY wanted to breed her and wanted to throw her in an outside kennel. She is here with me and she will be until she is spayed and I find the correct home for her. if not, she will stay here until she dies.

I have always stood behind my dogs. ALWAYS. But honestly have never had any major problems. I have had 2 dogs xray and not pass on hips which in my opinion is pretty good in all these years! I practically beg people to xray their dogs hips so i can tell if there was a problem in a line that we used. Then I would never use it again. We all know that no litter is perfect but we can try our best to produce the best. I welcome ANYONE to add me on facebook, and publicly ask on my wall if anyone would give me a reference and I promise you will get flooded with people who have kept in contact with me for YEARS and know me. They also have been to my house. I do not keep my dogs kenneled outside. We have a walkout basement with a sectional couch and tv so we hang with our dogs all the time. I have loose dogs, like my stud dog that is all over the place upstairs and down. We rotate them as well. We recently just moved onto 16 acres to give the dogs more room to run and play.

I caution those that jump out to cast judgement when they have not worked with me personally. If you judged solely on what you see online, you will be sadly mistaken in your opinions because there are a few breeders in MO that claim to have full hip guarantees and when you read their contract they only cover for crippling dysplasia. There are many breeders in MO that have European ratings written, but I dare you to ask them for copies of their xray reports. There are also breeders in MO that claim they show and are active in the breed but have not shown in 3+ years.

I work with one of the top Handlers in the midwest. Julia Foster. She OWNS one of my dogs because she liked that breeding so much. She shows my dogs and has seen them all. She also has seen their health certificates. She won breed with Patrone (not my dog) at the 2010 Wesminster for those of you who do not know her. She knows me well and is more than willing to give a reference of me and my home.

I WILL NOT speak of the other kennels in Missouri on a personal level, but would tell most people to really do their homework. I care about the well being of my dogs and i enjoy the sport of showing. I am ACTIVE in the breed and do not breed solely for money. I feed ALL NATURAL food (TASTE OF THE WILD) to my dogs and I am also a dog groomer and make sure my dogs are groomed and well taken care of.

I have owned Rottweilers since I was 3yrs old. I grew up with my father being a member of the Greater St. Louis Rottweiler Club. We did years of agility and obedience with this breed. In high school I trained my own Rottweiler at the Tom Rose School which is very well known in St. Louis.I am also currently a member of Spirit of the Heartland Kennel Club that puts on a few shows a year at purina farms. I started showing for the passion of the breed and my first show dog was Dysplastic. I have YET to see a replacement and i vowed NEVER to do that to anyone else. I have a 6 yr old daughter that is learning to show and she is very active with the dogs. There is video on my YOUTUBE of my daughter running and playing with my dogs. Also showing and placing in the international shows with her Shar-pei. Very rarely will you ever see plain video on a website because people have too much to hide. I am an open book.

So please, before you cast judgement, feel free to contact me directly and see what I am about. I believe that the proof is in the pudding. When I first started actually breeding I made a few mistakes not knowing better and bred a dog at 20months old. I was told immediately that that was a NO NO....never in the years since have I done it again. I work to better the breed and I put A LOT of effort in my breedings. Ive spent hours researching pedigrees. I have worked hard to build a good CLEAN name for myself and do not want someone to get the wrong idea of me solely on misinformation.

If anyone would like to speak with me about my dogs feel free to call me. Krystal Ballard 314-280-8967
Thanks!
I purchased a show quality dog from you almost 6 years ago and she is amazing! Beautiful girl, amazing temperament and her health has always been great. I def recommend this breeder.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts