Rottweilers Online Forums banner
61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
i think i must have got lucky with mocha because she seems to always listen to the "come" command but i'm not trying to brag because we still have many other issues that need work. especially the constant biting!
It's not bragging at all. Nikki was so distracted by everything that I am only seeing her now slowing down and willing to pay more attention to me.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 · (Edited)
i hope to be able to put up a pic each year from mocha's birthday in this section. her birthday is march 31st.happy second birthday to my little MO!

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Oh Capp, Mocha is beautiful. I love rotties that are build like Mocha. She will fill out when she is a little older and be gorgeous. How tall is she? Happy Birthday Mocha!!!

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
thanks for the kind words martha. i haven't measured her height since she was at the vet last june. she was almost 26 inches at the withers and doesn't appear to have grown any taller since that time. i feed her 4 times a day but she runs around so much and goes crazy that i think she burns through most of the fuel.

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
My last rottie didn't fill out until he was 4. Moose is 4 and he filled out way more over this past winter. I don't know what he weighs but it could be around 130 lbs. I am cutting his food back but he doesn't eat much. Nikki doesn't eat much either but she always looks heavy.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
what food do you use for them? maybe i should consider trying it. your dogs always look so healthy, although of course diet is only one aspect of overall health.

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
what food do you use for them? maybe i should consider trying it. your dogs always look so healthy, although of course diet is only one aspect of overall health.

Capp, I feed Healthwise Chicken and Oatmeal and Nikki and the puppy get California Natural Lamb and Rice. I cooked white meat boneless chicken and added oatmeal and carrots yesterday and add a little to their food over a few days. Sometimes I put 4 beaten eggs in water and boil them and add some to their food. Sometimes they just get dog food but I do add water and let it soak so they get plenty of water if they don't drink enough during the day. They get 3,000 mg of fish oil a day and twice a week 400 IU of Vitamin E. Sometimes I add a little yogurt or pumpkin. I give carrots and apples as treats and brocoli stems sometimes too. Nikki and Sunny get Cranberry D-Mannose everyday.

Oatmeal will help put on weight and is inexpensive and the dogs love it. Moose was thin when we bought him and that is how I added weight to him.

Healthy Pet Product Search ? Organic Dog Food, Dog Treats and More ? Natura Pet Products

http://www.californianaturalpet.com/products/1181

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
wow, you don't mess around with feeding. i'm pleased to see that i do a couple of things you do like fish oil and yogurt and adding water to the food (i never think she drinks enough).

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Capp, What I have learned is each one of my dogs has slightly different needs. I like having two foods to give them. Nikki had a sensitive stomach when she was young and did well on California Natural Lamb and Rice. The Healthwise is a good food and reasonable in price. Oatmeal cooked and added to the food will put on weight. Moose loves cooked white meat chicken. He gets finicky about eating unless I say to him I put chicken chicken chicken in his food and he smiles. LOL!

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
PhotoBucket decided to nuke all of my photos after they decided that 3rd party hosting requires an "upgraded account". Not that many people would be looking through this old thread, but still, it's a jerk move considering that for all these years I was never in violation of their terms, until they suddenly decided to change them.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Sorry you lost your photos. I just went though this entire thread of photos of your girl Mocha and Dirt Dirt. They look great. Hope all is well.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
thanks. Dirt Dirt will be very flattered that you like her pics. :) I'm not very happy with Photobucket. They should have had those terms of service in place at the beginning, instead of "extorting" people to upgrade after years' worth of uploading photos to forums using them as a host. But hey, it's their business and they can do what they want. I'll never visit them again however.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I know what you mean. My daughter put all our pet pictures on dropbox where we can go see them, but they are in some strange format now that I don't know how to pull them out and print or insert thm in anything. I guess that may be that I am technologically challenged.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Thanks on her behalf, Andrea, Big Black Dogs, and Frieda!
Her gift was a piece of chicken, which vanished down her gullet almost immediately.

61 - 80 of 88 Posts