Rottweilers Online Forums banner
81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
I lost Mocha. She was almost 11 and 1/2 years old. She had epilepsy for 6 of those years but never gave up. In the end, she lost the use of her back leg. I carried her around in a sling for a while but her health started to fail and the leg began to swell, and the vet said that it was time to let her go. So I did. She was so positive and happy right up until the end, which breaks my heart so much harder and hits me with hard feelings of guilt. She was my first dog and now I understand all of your pain, members who have lost your dogs. Looking back over this thread, it's been quite a journey, with most of the people gone now. There may be another dog in my future but right now I can barely make it through the day without breaking down at some point. I would like to thank all of you who have been so kind over the years and to give my best wishes to the new members as well. Give your dogs a hug and a treat for me.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. Mocha was beautiful, inside and out.

Losing a dog is gut wrenching. RIP Mocha.

·
Super Moderator
1,549 Posts
Oh! I'm so sorry to hear that you had to let Mocha go. It is the kindest act you can do, to let them go....while your heart is breaking. It's part of dog ownership...and a part that is the hardest. They do take a piece of your heart with them, but there is always room in your heart for another dog to love.

Mocha was such a cute puppy, and such a dignified senior girl. RIP Mocha.....

·
Registered
94 Posts
Thanks to both of you for the kind thoughts.
Im sorry to hear about Mocha. Fairly new here compared to most, but i think we all have one love in common😊 ive been there and it took me a long while to heal, but it will happen and you will be left with amazing happy memories of a great life lived. Take care

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Thank you. Still having a tough time with it. My deepest sympathies as well for you. 4 times the pain :(

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Im sorry to hear about Mocha. Fairly new here compared to most, but i think we all have one love in common😊 ive been there and it took me a long while to heal, but it will happen and you will be left with amazing happy memories of a great life lived. Take care
Thank you very much. I appreciate your kindness.

81 - 88 of 88 Posts