Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<DIV id=post_message_219351>Hi guys. I always thought is was really sweet that harley always wanted to be near me, But this is where I am confused.
I was really sick on the past weds, my mom came over to watch my daughter. Harley went to see her, but after a bit came to lie down next to me, after a few hours, she went to take him outside for his nightly walk.
HE would not budge. He did not want to get up and go at all, he wanted to stay next to me.
Another couple of times, a friend who came over, who he knows very well. Wanted to take him for a walk. Have you ever seen rotties put brakes on, well I have, he stuck out his paws in front of him, and turned around towards me. Once again he did not want to leave mommies side.
Is this a possible problem, or is Harley really only a one woman dog.?????</DIV>

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Most I have owned are like that.Bradley who I bred does not care about me when he is with his real mom Stephanie,and when she leaves the van he just keeps looking for her.His mom was like that,Daphney is like that and Elwood is getting like that.

Donna

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
I think they know when you are sick and he didn't want to leave you ...All mine are always by my side ! Harley just loves his Momma !!!

·
Banned
1,135 Posts
oh yes the brakes .....

my boy will NOT go with anyone else ..... even people living in my home

if i am asleep .... he will wake me ...... then i hear someone asking him

if he wants to go for a ride ..... i tell him its ok ... off he goes

when we are out and someone calls him ..... he will come right to me to

get the ok ..... then off he goes ....

sounds to me like you just got a good boy there ......

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
I think all Rottweilers are just babies.

I'm still waiting to own one of those big mean dogs you hear people talking about.

Donna

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Me too.... Babies R US over at my place. You should see the look I get when I stop petting him on the couch. It is like mom do you not love me anymore.....Please continue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think they know when your are sick. My back has been bothering me so i have not been abel to walk Mufasa, so my roommate decided to take him along with her dog, but he did not want to go, so he stayed w/ me. Hes is always next to me.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Me too Donna ! Where are all those mean Rotties at that everyone talks about ?

·
Registered
185 Posts
They absolutely know when you are sick or something is wrong........gives them all the more reason not to leave your side!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts