Rottweilers Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Kain trying to figure out the nightstand.

Ain't he cute as a button?

Sammy looking for food.

Kitty trying to sleep.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Shell , they are getting so big ! how are you ever going to part with them ......

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
believe me Kitty Shell has not even got to the really fun stuff yet.

Once they start to leave you miss them ,but you are glad at the same time.I know the last litter I had there were nine and when they started to leave it almost wasn't fast enough,but I did keep 3 out of the litter and whittled it down to Daphney.

Donna

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No we have not got to the really fun stuff yet. The homes that Kitty and Sammy have I can visit anytime I want too. And Kitty won't leave till she is 10 to 12 weeks. It will be hard not to keep them all but, they will have great homes. Shell

·
Registered
5 Posts
rutylr said:
I know the last litter I had there were nine and when they started to leave it almost wasn't fast enough,but I did keep 3 out of the litter and whittled it down to Daphney.

Donna

what was the reason you didn't keep the other 2? were they not turning out conframation wise?

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
I showed Dudley till he was 13 months old he was turning out to be a great dog.He finished his UKC Grand CH at 10 months old.When he was 13 months old a man called me up and was looking for a puppy.His dog of 13 years just died.I had 6 Rottweilers he had none.I took Dudley over to his house to see is they got along,and it was love at first sight.I placed him spay/neuter.

Dasiey Lou was a great dog Conformationally taking AKC points at 6 months and 4 days old.I showed her put a few more AKC points and a UKC Grand CH on her.She did not have the drive to work that I wanted.She was pretty and knew it.I placed her on a spay/neuter contract also.

They are both happy and I got Daphney who has a great working attitude and is conformationally correct.Taking an AKC best of breed and also finishing out last year as the UKC number one Rottweiler.And getting both her Obed titles with placements.

Some times dogs don't turn out to be what we want.There should be no be secret in that.I set goals for my dogs.If they do not meet them they are spayed and placed.I will not comprimize.If you have set the goals you claim and the dogs don't live up to it why the big secret?I have nothing to hide.Thanks for asking.

Donna

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think thats cool what you did with Dudley and Dasiey. As long as mine have great homes, I'm happy.

Shell

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
If you are going to be a breeder,and showthen you must know when to place what you have.Not every puppy turns out.If you continue to breed mediocer? then that is the type of dogs and kennel you will be come.

All my dogs must have a UKC CH or Grand CH,AKC and UKC CD and be AKC pointed.(I don't have the time or money to finish a dog in AKC so we just take a few points and move on to other things.) before I even think of breeding them.

Plus if you keep all the dogs that are done showing you will run out of room.Most of my dogs find forever homes after showing.They get to take it easy and just be a dog.(the only dog)

Zelda was the only dog I ever kept till the end.Daphney has been here for a while also.I do have a few people who want her.I have not let her go because I don't know if I want to breed her a second time or not.I'm not real big on breeding a bitch more then once,and she only gave me one puppy(Elwood)when I bred her.I still need a girl so I'm still trying to figure out what to do with her.

She just came out of season so either I will breed her next season or spay and place her.

Donna

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Shell, you named the girl Kitty ?
to cool !! is she keeping that name when she leaves ?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My friend is the one who wants her named Kitty. I was telling her about you one and and she loved it. I'm not sure if she is going to place it on the paper work but that will be her call name.

Shell

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Well I'll make sure I tell my Kitty that she has a name sake out there after her
she has to treat her like a Queen now !!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.