Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got Liklai at 8 weeks and 1 day. She weighed 3.3 kg (7.27 lbs). She was lean and visibly malnourished. The owner of the dam mentioned that they could not get proper feed due to lockdown. I consulted the vet, did some tests and got to know that she was low on haemoglobin. She was given iron supplement among others. I have been feeding her properly since I got her. She has been gaining weight of around 1 - 1.5 kg (2.2 - 3.3 lbs) per week. Now at 92 days, she weighs 7.6 Kg (16.88 lbs). She is definitely small for her age, at least based on online Rottweiler growth charts.
My primary guess here is that she might not be a pure breed Rottweiler. She has a curly tail even though she keeps them down and straight most of the times. She didn't have any white markings but her new coat now is having a lot of white furs. She is having them on her tails and also near the edge of the tan markings.
I couldn't meet her parents due to lockdown. I just saw photos and I trusted them as I was dealing through a trusted friend. Now, I am almost sure that the dam isn't pure breed Rottweiler (pictures attached). Sire is a pure breed.
I just want you guys to have a look at pictures of Liklai and her dam and confirm whether she is pure breed or not. if not, then does that explain her small size?
P.S. The pictures are of Liklai at 92 days and her dam.

Dam_1.jpeg Dam_2.jpeg Dam_3.jpeg Liklai_92days_1.jpeg Liklai_92days_2.jpeg Liklai_92days_3.jpeg Liklai_92days_4.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
1,480 Posts
She looks Rottweiler to me, even though she may not be a well bred Rottie. Does it really make a difference to you? Love her, train her and enjoy her as a lovely pet companion. Please do not breed her!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got Liklai at 8 weeks and 1 day. She weighed 3.3 kg (7.27 lbs). She was lean and visibly malnourished. The owner of the dam mentioned that they could not get proper feed due to lockdown. I consulted the vet, did some tests and got to know that she was low on haemoglobin. She was given iron supplement among others. I have been feeding her properly since I got her. She has been gaining weight of around 1 - 1.5 kg (2.2 - 3.3 lbs) per week. Now at 92 days, she weighs 7.6 Kg (16.88 lbs). She is definitely small for her age, at least based on online Rottweiler growth charts.
My primary guess here is that she might not be a pure breed Rottweiler. She has a curly tail even though she keeps them down and straight most of the times. She didn't have any white markings but her new coat now is having a lot of white furs. She is having them on her tails and also near the edge of the tan markings.
I couldn't meet her parents due to lockdown. I just saw photos and I trusted them as I was dealing through a trusted friend. Now, I am almost sure that the dam isn't pure breed Rottweiler (pictures attached). Sire is a pure breed.
I just want you guys to have a look at pictures of Liklai and her dam and confirm whether she is pure breed or not. if not, then does that explain her small size?
P.S. The pictures are of Liklai at 92 days and her dam.

View attachment 18977 View attachment 18978 View attachment 18979 View attachment 18982 View attachment 18983 View attachment 18984 View attachment 18985
She is a cute little girl. The second Rott we had was small at 8 weeks and he was missing part of his right ear. He was the last of his litter, because no one wanted him. He ended up being a great dog. He had all the positive traits of a Rott, that people look for and grew to be a normal size. We didn't care that he was missing a part of his ear and we loved him as much as someone could.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts