Rottweilers Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today at Petsmart I had my first "she's so small" comment. I took her in for a little bit of socialization, since I have to go to work in a bit, and to work on her walking nicely on a leash with distractions. I was walking her through the aisle, and a lady with 3 little kids stopped me. The kids wanted to pet her, so I let them, and she loved them, but then they started jumping and throwing their arms up so she would jump, so I was about to make her leave, and the mom goes, "Is ita rot mix?" I said, "she's purebred". She looked all shocked and goes "Reeeaaalllllly?" And gave me a wierd look. I said yes, and she said "Oh, she's just so small." I said "yeah, she's just a puppy, she's got alot of growing to do." I really think she thought she was a tiny adult. Normally I would just ignore it, but today, (cover your ears boys) I am having my "irritable time of the month", so I was annoyed. Ha!

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
I always get that with Daphney.Is she a puppy?No she is 4 and they say my friendhas a Rottweiler that weights 150 or bigger.

I know I won't get that with Badddd Elwood tho.Everyone things hes just the right size.

Donna

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know, EVERYONE has a friend with a 150 pounder! A lady a while ago told me her friends had a 130 pound female! I wasn't as cranky that day, so I just said "oh, wow." And laughed about it later. It was just weird today, because instead of assuming she was younger than she was, this one thought she was an adult, but just not purebred. Weird.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
People crack me up ! I also have had comments about my Rotts , either it's.... is she a purebred ? she's small for a Rott ! what kind of dog is that ? or oh I have a friend their Rott weighs 150 lbs or more ! at times I just bite my lip and give a nice awnser ....but there have been times that Ihave given them a history lesson on Rotts .

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Hey now ladies, I have a 155 pounder
all BEEF too ! No pork on my boy

believe it or not I have people tell me he is small too. I always get the I have a friend with a rottie that weighs 180 pounds. If these people really had a clue we would all be in danger

·
Banned
1,135 Posts
I like the one where they
say " my friend has a GERMAN
rott weighs 150 "

and he is this tall ....
as they point to thier chest
..... LOL

I laugh cause they dont got
a clue ..... German LOL .....

If they knew anything they
would of tried an AMERICAN rott .....

then i might pay more attention to them ..... again LOL

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
You meet all kinds when you are out and about with your Rottie.

How about the guy who wants a Rockweiller?

Donna

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh yeah, rockweiller, I love those ones. One girl, (also at PetSmart) said "Oh, a rottie. What kind is she?" I said "What do you mean?" She goes "German or American". I told her they're the same, and that she was bred in California. She just ignored me and asked if she was from good lines because her sister had a good looking male GERMAN rottie and she wanted to breed him. I never understand why people look at dogs as breeding stock instantly. She was 3 1/2 months old when that happened! Do I go up to people with their kids and tell them their6 year olds are cute, when doTHEY plan on having little ones?

·
Registered
166 Posts
hahaha funny people you see at petsmart sometimes...

i used to bring my maximus there but not anymore. people just make stupid comments sometimes. and you just want to get back at them and etc... you know how it goes.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Donna, never heard of a rockweiler
is that a dog that eats rocks ?

Brandi , I have had the same thing happen to me at pet smart , the people that work there are supposed to know dogs ...yea right ! When people ask me if they are german or american I say their germican
( is that a new breed ) yep bran new !!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.