Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was walking my dogs last night and towards the end of the walk I started to hear this popping noise coming from Jasmine. It sounded as if you were popping something back into place. I dont know if it has ever happened to anyone before but I know I have heard my hip make a poppoing noise before and thats exactly what it sounded like. It does notseem to bother her what so everbut I wanted to ask you guys to see what you thought. Is this normal from time to time? Or should I have her looked at today?

·
Banned
1,135 Posts
i never had it happen to my dogs

i know a rottweiler will take ALOT of pain before you realize their in pain

BUT i would have it checked out right away

these dogs have enough problems with hips to have anything

brining it on earlier then necessary .....

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Is this the dog you thought may need TPLO on one of her legs ? If so it is probably bone rubbing bone. My female had the TPLO done and she still pops a little. The ACL is about the only thing that holds those bones in thier leg together tightly and if her ACL is a little loose that MAY be what is doing it.

I don't want to make you nervous so stay calm and talk to your vet. I'm just telling you what I go through.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No the male was the one that I thought had to have the TPLO done but he seems ok now. But its really weird because I walk them all the time and even earlier that day and it seemed ok then we went on another one at night and thats when I heard it. Thanks for the suggestions I will take her in to have her checked.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts