Rottweilers Online Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me or has experienced this with there rottweilers.
After feeding my 8 month old little boy he gets sick.ive tried different foods which was advised by the vet but to success.can anyone help me please as its horrible seeing him not hold any food.

Much thanks and and advice truly appreciated.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Probably not this, but how fast does he eat? Would a slow feeder help?

Neb in his old age has a dodgier stomach - so we're feeding more meals, so smaller portions at a time.

·
Super Moderator
1,320 Posts
This is not normal! Is he pooping at all? I would suggest you have him x-rayed and see if there is an obstruction. Is it possible that he ate something (a sock, or toy, or ball, etc) ?? It may be blocking things. There is also another thing that Rottweilers can have called : Megaesophagus You may want to do some reading here : Megaesophagus
Hope you find out what is wrong with your pup.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can anyone help me or has experienced this with there rottweilers.
After feeding my 8 month old little boy he gets sick.ive tried different foods which was advised by the vet but to success.can anyone help me please as its horrible seeing him not hold any food.

Much thanks and and advice truly appreciated.
[/QUOTE
Probably not this, but how fast does he eat? Would a slow feeder help?

Neb in his old age has a dodgier stomach - so we're feeding more meals, so smaller portions at a time.
Hi Agis I have a slow feeder for him to try and slow him down haha. Going back to the vets again today. I'm hoping in a nice way they start to do some tests. It's very distressing especially as he's collapsed 4 times SCARY. I'm told that's because of a nerve Going down his throat being aggetatated

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is not normal! Is he pooping at all? I would suggest you have him x-rayed and see if there is an obstruction. Is it possible that he ate something (a sock, or toy, or ball, etc) ?? It may be blocking things. There is also another thing that Rottweilers can have called : Megaesophagus You may want to do some reading here : Megaesophagus
Hope you find out what is wrong with your pup.
He is pooing regularly although don't know where its from as the constant vomiting

·
Super Moderator
1,320 Posts
If he is pooping...then he most likely does not have an obstruction. I would be looking at Megaesophagus. Do a google search on 'Bailey Chair'.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I had a kitten with mega-e (very uncommon in cats). I fed her upright, sorta 'burped' her after (easier with a kitten to hold against me and pat). I believe the test involves a barium x-ray - but it's been awhile.

·
Super Moderator
1,320 Posts
Any updates on your boy? What did the vet have to say???

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am sorry to hear about this issue with your Rottie. My Rottie would regurgitate his food a couple of times a week usually after he got done drinking a large amount of water. I switched him to a slow feeder bowl and the problem has ceased; he was eating his food too fast. I hope that there exists a fairly easy solution for you and your Rottie. Best of luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Any updates on your boy? What did the vet have to say???
Hi all well been to vets and he had an anti sickness jab. That has stopped the vomiting. He has had a blood test and he hasn't got pancreatitus. I've now got some anti sickness tablets and omeprazole tablets,So Monday he is booked in for a scan on his stomach.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I'm glad he's stopped vomiting - hoping that holds. Let us know what the results are Monday.

·
Super Moderator
1,320 Posts
Hopefully he stays well? and the scan will give you some idea of what is going on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts