·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you Martha! i'm a Marine so i tend to feel very old sometimes haha

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Awesome pics of you and your wife! Your a very handsome couple............. :) I'm with you Martha, OH to be that young again!

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Being a Marine could easily make a person feel older then they are. My husband was in the Army and did two tours in Vietnam from 1969 to 1971. He was very young but quickly became mentally much older then his years.

Kitty Amen! LOL!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha thank you kitty..i understand that Martha, i recently got back from my first tour in Iraq, it'll definately mature the mind quick

·
Premium Member
2,000 Posts
Thank you for your service Jared & welcome home. I'm retired Navy & served in Nam & Desert Storm. I've a nephew in the USMC stationed at Jacksonville but currently in Afghanistan. He's an infantry machine gunner which he volunteered for & always finishes top of his class.

Ross

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Jared, I can totally understand how you would feel older then your yrs. BUT THANK GOD you came home from Iraq! I have several friends and family that have done tours over there and some of them are still there. Just being a Marine makes you grow up in many ways. When my oldest step son went into the Air force he was 19, he went in as I say just a punk and came out a man! Are you still serving your country? My hat is off to you and all the men that are protecting our country! HOOAAA ........

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
huntinghawk, i too am station at Lejeune in Jacksonville, my prayers are with your nephew for a safe return home..and kitty, i'm still enlisted i have 2 years left on my contract before i can return home to TEXAS!!! haha

·
Registered
360 Posts
Well, you've posted pictures of three of the things I hold dear. A rottweiler, a military man and the family of said military man. Thank you for all the sacrifices you have made to make us safe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts