Rottweilers Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my new little girl, Juno, adopted 2 weeks ago, seems to be sick. Didn't think we would be going through this so quickly. It's just after midnight so can't do anything now. going to try a vet appt tomorrow.

Not sure any of these are connected. Hoping not parvo. She is 2 and current on all shots, altered as well. When we got her, noticed that her ears feel very hot sometimes. Never experienced this before with a dog. We started giving her canidae dog food since she was underweight and thought we should start with some good food event hough she was used to market brand. after 1 week she started having diarrhea. This was sporadic, some days only solid stool and others runny. Figured it was the food. Now she is also throwing up, a lot!!! She is laying around in the evening but very playful and full of energy during the morning. ?Could it be food

Think it is possible that she was hurt by a woman. Thought the stool issue may be related to anxiety as it was only happening on days when I was home with her. When I raise my voice to tell the boysto come for supper or something like that, she cowers like someone is going to hit her. She used to spend nights and a good bit of time in a crate at her other home. We arent' used to crate and though we leave it open for her, she has never gone in of free will. Do you think it could be nerves or anxiety? TIA

·
Registered
264 Posts
I had problems with that food very very loose poop.If she has had her parvo shots beforethat should not be the problem. Parvo usually is with younger pups. You might want to give her some boiled rice and ground beef for a few days.If that does not help her, a vet visit is the next course of action.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you think it could be the food? We have never used this kind before. Just went off of recommendations. What do you use? Do you think if I changed the food on her, it would be worse on the belly? How do you do the rice and beef? Fried ground beef? thanks.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Boil the ground beef, skim off the fat.add the cooked rice.mix well and feed.Plan on at least 2-3cups for each feeding. Do call your vet too!

good luck

Opps 1/2 ground beef to 1/2 cooked rice

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
This is called the bland diet and is good for dogs with upset tummies.Food should be switched a bit at a time not all at once.

I have never had a problem with this food ,but every dog is different.

Try the rice and hamburger and see what the vet says.

Keep us posted

Donna

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sometimes boiled chicken and rice is just as good. I don't know if you can get this in US but slippery elm powder is excellent for the runs. Humans as well. I get it from a health food shop. Where they sell all natural products.

Sue

1 - 6 of 6 Posts