Rottweilers Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We went to a UKC show this weekend.2 shows on Sat and 2 on Sunday.

Mav'rik won on Sat show one taking Best of breed and a Group 1.

Scarlet(even with her face)won in show 2 taking Best of breed and a group 4.She finished her Grand

On Sunday mav'rik won both shows by just taking Best of breed,but that was all he need to finish his Grand CH.

2 in one weekend.Stephanie was so happy.Now Scarlet can have her babies,then she will be spayed and I want to start working her and go for her Rally title and her UKC Obed title.

I also got to Judge a Glen of Imaal Terrier Specialty (there were only 4 dogs)but it was fun any way.

Donna

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Donna , congratulations !!! I bet your a proud Momma !

·
Registered
656 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">

Congratulations Donna! That is great news! Do you have any pictures from the show?

</BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
914 Posts
Congrats to you and to the dogs!
Keep up the good work Donna!

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No again no camera.I'm going to try and remember it for the 4-H show at the fair.

Stephanie is very happy as Scarlet is the first Grand Ch that she bred.

Buster is going home on Sat and Elwood is coming home.I can't wait to see what he looks like.I will take pictures of him once he gets home.

Donna

·
Registered
914 Posts
Hey we can't wait to see him either!

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just found out there is a Match on Saturday so Elwood will have to wait one more day.I want to go and get him now but,I want to talk to Busters mom and dad on why Buster needs to be neutered,

Donna

·
Registered
656 Posts

I dont mean to sound nosy Donna, but why are you recommending Buster be neutered?
</BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My contract calls for all pets to be spay/neutered.Buster is almost 4 years old,He is a UKC Grand CH and was in the top ten for 3 years in a row.He is AKC pointed towards his CH.His bite is starting to change.I do not want to be showing him and have the Judge Diqualify him for it( it's not bad yet,but you never know what a Judge will do).Since he is not going to be shown in Breed classes any more,he is just a pet now.So as per contract he has to be neutered.

That way I can finish training him and show him in Obed,once he stops thinking every girl is for him.

Donna

·
Registered
656 Posts

Thanks for the explanation Donna.
I thought it might have something to do with an agreement between you and the owners but I wasnt sure. I didnt know a dogs bite could change though. What causes this? And how can you tell a good bite from one that is going bad?</BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Some lines grow real slow.I think his head is still growing and it just went off a bit.It's is still a good bite,but any Judge who is really picky could DQ him and I don't want that to happen so he is now retired from the show ring.Paul could choose to still want to show him,but I think he is just proud of what Buster has done so far.Paul has owned Rottweilers longer then me and this is the first one who did so well showing and the first one to pass it's hips.He had some really nice dogs out of great lines,but they just never turned out.

Ask away.It's nice to see questions being asked.

Donna

·
Registered
656 Posts

So if their bite is off is it something you can physically see on the outside by the way he holds his mouth or is it by opening his mouth and actually looking at the set of his teeth? I'm still not really clear on what you mean by off, sorry.</BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I will look for a drawing for you.The Judge always looks at the bite when a dog is being Judged.You can not see if the bite is not right just by looking at the dog you need to lift the lip in the front and look at the teeth.

Donna

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
I know what you mean about the bite my Kitty needs braces ....
I didn't know that their bite could change though......My kids all the time say Mum why don't you show the dogs and I say they are pets and are not show quaity ...they think all are dogs are show dogs ..
I would like to take them to a show ....Donna if ya ever hear of a show around here let me know ....

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
387 Posts
I would have liked to show Blu, but he would have DQ's all over the board. He has that hump in his back, that you can't hind or over look. And he has to much skin around his face. I think the people we got him from where breeding for big heads and got the mastiff head instead. I would show Dallas, but she is not AKC. So that puts her out the ring too. I would have loved for Dallas to have AKC papers. She is prefect height, weight, markings, temperment. So we just use her as the door greeter now. She greets everyone who comes in and you must shake hands, and give a pat on the head.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
<A name="CORRECT DENTITION">CORRECT DENTITION </A>

I found one The top teeth are to be over the bottom.
Busters are not a nice tight bite.Exceptable but not the best any more.
I hope all this helps.
Donna

·
Registered
656 Posts

Thanks Donna, the links explained alot, and the illustrations really helped
</BLOCKQUOTE>

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.